Monday, June 24, 2013

Familia.

MTC
Monday, June 24, 2013

Hola Familia,
I am Loving the work. They take really good care of us here at the MTC. They feed us a lot and there are like three options every meal. The food really isn't as bad as everyone says.  They always have like three desserts, but I have chosen not to eat sweets here, unless it is the BYU icecream and BYU brownies they have on Sundays and Wednesdays, it's the best!

I am doing so well. Yesterday was an amazing day. On the MTC campus we had 173 New mission presidents, 11 of the 12 apostles and the entire First Presidency. The spirit was incredibly strong all day. I found my self tearing up during all the many musical numbers today, It doesn't help that every song they sing here is about missionary work or turning yourself over to the Lord.

I love both of my companions. I am in a tri-panionship now because an elder in our room was sent home last week. My new companion is Elder Hunter Tolbert from Heber City, Utah.  We are like neighbors, it is so awesome. He is quickly becoming my best friend.  We have very similar personalities and we get along really well, plus we have a lot in common, road and mountain biking, skiing, ATVing, its great! He isn't the stereotypical Heber kid.  I think they are pretty well off, his dad is a Sales VP for xerox. I love him so much. My other companion is doing well, he is pretty quiet, but is doing well.

We went to the temple this morning, so so nice. It was sad though because this is the last time we are able to go, because it closes Friday.


The devotional last night was probably the most spiritual church meeting I have been to, when the 11 apostles walked in it went silent and everyone stood.  The spirit just overcame the room immediately. I cried through all the musical numbers, didn't you just love them? The part that hit me the most last night was when the little boy gave his friend the baptism invitation on the bus, I just couldn't''t hold it back. I was thinking of all the Hopkinson Kids, Truman and Bodie, and the Michigan Quinn boys, they are all so innocent, but they will have such a huge influence on their friends. The world is corrupt, but we are inviting all to come unto Christ. I am excited for Mexico and the opportunity I have to work with members down there so that we can invite all unto Christ.  Last night Elder Neil L. Anderson said, "this is the Lords work, and if we do our best he will not let us fail."

I know this is true, and I love it! I really am having so much fun, and am loving this experience.
Elder Quinn
PS -  Camille I know there are a lot of errors in this, but will you please correct them before you post this, I am writing like 100 miles an hour right now. :)













No comments: