>
> ¡Estoy aquí para escribir!
>
> Te Amo mama
We eat with the same Hermana every Wednesday, and her house is very nice! We were shocked to see a pool table! This is Elder Torres who is a Service Missionary who works in the offices everyday with Elder Brown and me. He is awesome, I love him so much! He played football in high school, but had a pretty bad leg injury so he couldn't serve a full time mission at age 19, so he decided to serve a service mission! He is 20 and will finish his service his mission in 14 months, after that he plans on submitting his ¨´real¨´ mission papers! So he is going to serve for 4 years!!! So cool, I love him so much!
I had to go to presidents house this week to pick up some of his receipts for my end of the month reports. I happened to have my camera, and I thought you might like to see what It looks like, It is the nicest house I have seen here. It just feels so good inside
This is looking from the Balcony down into the front Entry!
It has been pretty cold this week. While we were there at Presidents house the Hermana Carmen was there cleaning. She couldn´t believe I wasn´t wearing a sweater so she took me upstairs to this room that was full of things Elders had left when the went home. I found three sweaters that are in pretty good condition too! (This is taken in the front entry to presidents house)
The big excitement this week was that Laura was baptized. We have been teaching her for about two months and I had the privilege to baptize her last Saturday.
It was a really really good feeling to know that another one of Gods children was making the first covenant of baptism with him. The Spirit confirmed to me that God is pleased with me and what I am doing to help His children come unto him. I cannot express the gratitude I have. I am a child of God, not just any child of God, a child that He knows personally. H e knows me perfectly. He knows me and every single one of his children perfectly, this is such an amazing blessing that everyone has. As I was studying in the Book of Mormon this week I realized that it REALLY is another Testament of Jesus Christ. I am marking every reference to Christ in blue, and every page is blue!!! It is amazing. I want you to know that I know who my Savior is, and I know he loves each and everyone of us. He is always here to help us. Like President Monson said in Conference he is here for us though the bad times and through the good times. I know that He lives!
Laura and I at her Bautismo Sabado
Elder Hulme (Orem, UT), Elder Patey (Midway, UT), Ana, Laura, Serafin, Elder Brown (Gilbert, AZ), Elder Quinn
So it always seems to rain on baptisms here! This is how we have to drain the baptismal font, out side of the church is this hatch that you lift up, and about three feet down there is a valve that you turn and it lets the water out, ¿easy right? But when it rains the hole fills up with water and you cannot see the valve. I had to hop into the hole while it was full of water and find the valve while it was raining, Elder Brown and I were laughing so hard :) So we took this picture.
I asked McKay if he gets homesick from all the photos of home I send and all the detail I write about, his response:
No I don't get home sick! I love it! I really do not have time to think about home. I only think about you guys when I am here on p day looking at the photos and writing home! I love you guys!
I love seeing all your work on the house! It is looking great! I hope you are still having fun and enjoying all your time working on the house! Thanks for sharing the information, I love it! I like the colors!
McKay's response to Nathan and Laurens blog on their trip to Big Sur, CA:
Love it! I love them! It looks beautiful! You know the thing I really miss is being out in nature like that. I think that Big Sur is now on my bucket list too!
It would be nice if you sent probiotics! I don't have time to go to Wal-Mart and spend the time looking for them, and they probably don't sell them here.... we usually only take half a p-day. I am healthy, and running, and all that. I am cold though. I found three sweaters this week that are pretty nice. I am thinking of having you send my nice black coat because I am going to be here over the winter and it will be cold each day. I am not sure though.
Sorry I didn't respond to all your questions, could you copy and paste them and put them i
n the email next week so that I remember them?
Thanks, I love you!
Elder Quinn
Sorry no formal, letter, the letter is in the photos
No comments:
Post a Comment