Friday, October 18, 2013

Changes Week 18

 

 
After a successful week of changes we are pretty tired but proud of our work!
 (we were trying to look proud in this picture) We went to the airport three times this week (Monday night at midnight, Tuesday morning at 5 am, and Wednesday morning at 6 am)
We successfully admitted 23 new missionaries into our mission and sent home 9, our numbers are growing like crazy! It was a lot of work with the changes this week, but I LOVE being a missionary!

(Elder Brown (companion from AZ), Elder Sanabria (AP from Paraguay), Elder Frazier (New AP from Washington), Elder Torres (Service missionary who works in the offices with us during the day))
 
Hola familia,

This week we had changes, pretty crazy! It started with us (the AP´s and secretaries) sitting down with president to go over an hour by hour schedule for the three days of changes. We reviewed what we would do and where we would be every hour of the day for all three days, it was insane!
 Then Monday morning we received the missionaries from the Mexico CCM, and had a training in the Churubusco Stake Center. I had to be there to give our medical insurance cards and debit cards. After the training I went to the Soriana to buy 11 pizzas for all the new Latinos to eat. Then we took them to the Casa Amarilla to meet their companions, pick up their bags and go to their area.
We ate dinner with the Villanuevas (Counselor to Presidente Valadez) and then at 9:30 president picked us up to go to the airport. We bought Subway for all the new American missionaries, ate and then left the airport at 12:20 AM!!! It was crazy! We had to take 3 Taxi Suburbans home to fit everyone in. So I was left alone with four new Americans and a taxista at 12:30 AM, and I had to get us home! Hahaha It was my first time to the airport since I arrived in the mission so I really had no idea how to get home, but luckily there are only two main freeways you have to take to get to our house and we live pretty close to the exit so I was able to get us home safely. Yes, I was able to get us home safely, but the taxista... wow, lets just say there are no speed limits in Mexico, and when it is 12:30 AM and no traffic they fly down the roads! hahaha I heard the tires squeal around one of the corners on a freeway flyover! it was pretty wild, but we made it home quick... and safe. We were home by 1 AM and so ready to sleep!
 The next morning it was up at 6:30 and off to Churubusco for a repeat of the previous day, but the training being for the Americans. And on top of the training we had changes for roughly 60 Elders, and we opened up 7 new Areas. This made for a lot of work! After the training and changes were finished it was off to the area to work for a couple hours.
Then Wednesday morning we were up at 5 AM to take the old missionaries to the Airport. We were at the airport until 12, so we ate a big breakfast at Carls JR with Presidente. I was able to talk with president for a while and get inside of his head a little. He expressed how he wants the mission to function in terms of organisation(sick elders, needy elders, la casa amarilla, extra clothing that the old missionaries leave that we could give to Elders who need it) We talked about all this and how we can be more efficient with the next changes. It was a really good experience to learn a little more about president and his way of thinking, I am learning so much from him and love him dearly.
 I learned this week( from him and Elder Frazier the new assistant) that we always need to reflect and evaluate where we are at, how we are doing, and how we can improve. I have set some goals this week for myself in the offices, and in the area. I really want to reflect more on how to improve. A lot of people say "I want to be better" but they never do anything about it. I am learning and growing so much every day. I believe that goals are the way to change. How are you going to improve without the goal? Like I have always said, mind over matter. We are human, but we have the divine help of God. He is all powerful and can help us whatever the circumstance or situation may be. We just need to have the faith to trust in him and show our trust through our actions.

Other random things:
I received the letters from you today!
Thanks for the Southern Utah picture!, I still haven't read the letters but I will tonight!
Oh, I am now a District Leader, my district has 6 Elders 4 Sisters and the senior couple (largest district in the mission, usually they are only 4-8 Elders)
I am now companion con Elder Brown form Gilbert AZ
No one in the mission knows this, but we have an Hermana that comes and cleans the offices and presidents house. She also comes and cleans our house!!! usually once a change! Yesterday she went to clean and she said it looked great, the best she has seen it! She said she wants to come every week to clean! So we talked the President and the Hermana and now La Hermana Carmen is going to come clean our house every week!!! :)
I love you


Love, Elder Quinn


We mentioned to McKay that some visitors to our Park City ward had seen his missionary plaque and called to tell us their daughter is going to that mission and ask some questions.
McKay's response:
Cool that that girl saw my plaque in the church! wow! Since I am a secretary I have some privileges.... :) I just looked her up in the system ( We know the missionary assignments the day the apostles assign them!) and it looks like she is from Boulder City Nevada, goes to the MTC Jan. 8 and gets here Feb. 17! I will probably be at the airport to pick her up! If she has any questions or anything feel free to give her my email.
 
I am going out to buy tacos de canasta for the offices right now, I'll be back... and I'll take a picture.

Answer to questions we asked:
 I have not driven, I have a phone, and my companion too, because we are secretaries we both have phones, usually only one per companionship, but we are always on the phone so we have two!
If he needs a sweater yet: I don't need one yet, it isn't cold, but yeah if you could look for something blue or light gray that would be sweeet! NO RUSH THOUGH. Yes I am always running!
Asked him if it was weird thinking it was just him arriving in Mexico a few short weeks ago:yeah it was weird, but ii loved it! I cannot wait to do it again in 5 short weeks!
 
This week flew by like non other! so so so fast"!!!
 I love you, see you next week!



 
 

No comments: