I am here in the office, it is pretty crazy, we have changes coming up this next week so we are working today to get everything in line. It's not too crazy but we do have a few things to do. I will be here until 6. I love you guys!
Hola Familia!
WOW, what a week! Where should I start? How about with General Conference! That was the BEST Conference I have ever heard. Spot on for me, the investigators, and the world! I have such a strong testimony that the Prophets receive revelation calibrated exactly for us in these days. This revelation comes directly from our Heavenly Father... God. After listening to this conference, and feeling the power of the spirit testify of their words I cannot deny that this revelation comes directly from God. I am so extremely thankful for that.
We went to the stake center in Churubusco (big white church on google maps in Taxqueña) to watch the conference. We set up a TV in ingles (English) for all the American Elders to watch the conference. It was so amazing to receive these words in my own language. Like the scriptures say the word of God will be taken to all the Earth in their own Language. I was glad for the opportunity to receive it in ingles!
The Sunday Morning session was my favorite! I was really emotional all that day, probably the most emotional I have ever been in my entire life. It all started when we watched the Music and the Spoken Word Broadcast. It was so amazing and powerful! And then they put those beautiful pictures of Southern Utah up, and I lost it. I started to tear up. I loved all the shots of nature they included in the broadcast that morning. Two things that really speak to me are 1. Music and 2. Gods beautiful creations. So with the combination of the two the Spirit overwhelmed my soul with joy. I have always been one to appreciate nature and all that God has created for us. That is one thing I miss here in the City, I occasionally see a sunrise or sunset. Very rarely I´ll see the moon or a handful of stars, but every time I remember that God is the supreme creator. I loved enjoying the pictures of his beautiful creations in the Music and the Spoken Word broadcast!
Then through the Sunday Morning session everything was just so spot on, I loved each and every talk! Then after the Prophet spoke the choir started to sing We Thank the O God for a Prophet and I lost it again. Through music I received another confirmation of the Spirit that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a living prophet that guides us. That is so amazing to me! The spirit was so strong that there is no way I could deny the truthfulness of this Gospel. I cried through the entire song and then cried for about ten minutes after while I was writing in my journal.
To calm my tears I found a smiling Emiliano run up and put his arms around me. Emiliano is a nine year old that was baptized in my last area. He was so happy to see me again and I was pleasured to spend a few minutes talking with the family (all are members now). (photo attached) What a wonderful day it was.
| Javier, Emiliano, Yo, Darriant, Sonia at General Conference in Churubusco |
| The food between sessions of general conference. Our Neighborhood (Pedregal) La comida entre sesiones de la conferencia general. Nuestro Barrio (Pedregal) |
This week in the Area we had an amazing family night hosted by some recent converts who invited a bishopric member, and two investigators to attend! It was amazing! There were 16 people there and the recent converts taught about baptism and shared their personal experiences. The spirit was definitely present to testify to all of us. We didn't really even have to say anything... just, ¨´Amen´¨. then we enjoyed some warm Churos with Guayaba fruit cocktail! It was a really pleasant night with them!
Work in the offices has been really really busy this week. We are planning for the changes this week. We are sending my companion along with 8 others home, but the really exciting thing is that we are receiving 23 new missionaries! The mission is growing like crazy, and will continue to do so through the new year! We are so excited, but busy! :) This means a lot of work going to the airport, feeding everyone, training them, doing the changes, etc. It will be fun! On top of all this my companion is leaving to go home so my ¨¨Office training¨¨ is officially over, he will no longer be here to answer my questions. I feel really good about it all though, I have been well prepared!
Should be a great week!
Love,
Elder Quinn
Letter from McKay to his Dad
Dad,
It is so great to hear from you! Sounds like you are making great progress on the house! You sound and look very happy! I love that speaker, so cool! I am so grateful for your example of hard work. Because of you I know how to work. I cannot express my gratitude for all the opportunities you have given me, thank you! I am working so hard here in the offices for Presidente, and trying to get out into the area whenever I can. It is some times hard to get to the area because we are doing so much for president. Especially this week with the changes coming up and everything... we only taught 7 lessons and the mission companionship goal is 30. One day this week we were just arriving at out first cita at about 5 in the afternoon when two sick elders called and said that they were outside our house waiting(40 minutes away), so we had to leave the cita and let them into the house and buy food for them.(things like this occupy our time unexpectedly)
I am currently working on making a budget, that the Hermana and Presidente want me to make for the missionaries so they can appropriately use the money each month. We just always have so much to do, but I feel good about it. Even though I am not as directly involved in the teaching and finding I know that the Lord has prepared me and called me to do this right now, and I really do love it!
I love you Dad
Love,
Elder Quinn
I love you Dad
Love,
Elder Quinn
We asked McKay how his health was: I am healthy, I ran a 5k the other morning, and another 2 miles this morning, I feel great!
We mentioned to McKay how crucial the first few weeks are for these new missionaries and his role in helping them adjust, his comments:Thanks, yes, you are right! These moments are crucial! I have the opportunity to work with a lot of new and or struggling Elders. I have come to realize the importance of making them feel needed. I am trying to help them out. When Elders have big health issues they come live with us and we take them to the hospital and all that, I also buy them food. I take care of them, for example two days ago I bought 400 pesos of food for some sicklings, that was for 3 days, (normally we get 1500 pesos for the whole month of expenses). President wants them to be well taken care of too. I love my opportunities to serve!
His comments to photos I sent of hiking Iron Mountain with all the fall foliage: I love it! ARMSTRONG trail, oh wow! I rode up Armstrong last fall with Ben (Sumsion), some great bonding memories, I love him, I love that trail, I love PC!!!
Yeah, great week. Long because a lot happened, but short too! so so so short!
7 pm McKay wrote: Wow it was a long day! We just finished the schedule and plan for the changes and all our work for the day. Time to go home and rest! Until next week,
I love you Mom,
Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment