 |
| Beautiful sunrise I watched this morning from the roof about 7:30 am! |
 |
| This is looking from our roof down the 'driveway' there are six houses in this driveway and we all share the gate area at the end. Beautiful sunrise....for the city here:) |
 |
| This is our house! Looking from one of our balconies over toward our bedroom (floor to ceiling windows) and then below is our garden area with the fountain. My study desk looks out the windows on the left toward the fountain. |
This week has flown by! There is so much to do here in the offices, it takes a lot to keep a mission up and running! WOW
So first off, a cool experience that happened this week! We were walking in Santo Domingo ( the part of our area with the most work) and I heard someone calling my name. It was Sonia one of my investigadores from my last area! She came running up and was so excited to say that she is getting baptized the 12th! We talked for a few minutes. It turns out that she works in my new area, so maybe I will see her again! It was awesome to see her. The Lord places people in our paths for a reason! I was so glad to see her again!
We found six new investigators this week, and they are all really really good.... but unfortunately they don´t live in our area... so we passed the references on to Coyoácan y Jardines. I was a little sad for a moment, but then I realized... wow... I just encountered six of Gods children, and I was able to help them find His path. Wow that is amazing! I don´t need to see the bautismo to have success and happiness, I am just happy to see people making the right choices and finding the Gospel! (and there are 4 really happy missionaries in our Zone to receive these 6 references :) I love this work and I love seeing how God works.
 |
Okay so this is a good story. The Hair clippers were sitting on the front desk in the offices and we were talking about cutting hair when Hermana Valadez walked in. When we explained to her that we were going to attempt to cut one another's hair she started laughing. She said, "let me teach you". She grabbed the clippers and the pair of office scissors off my desk and said, " lets go!" So we went back into the office kitchen and she cut my hair" with the buzzers and office scissors :) I was laughing so hard and President was all up in my face taking pictures saying, " I am going to make a PowerPoint for the next zone conference on how to cut hair" President has a really funny sense of humor and likes to joke around! :) After the hair cut was done he said, just give it one transfer and it will look fine :) He is hilarious! I love him so much, and am grateful for the opportunity to be working so closely with him.
Like the black trash bag, it was all we could find in the spur of the moment. The haircut looks good, I like it!
I thought mom and Camille would like this story!
|

 |
| This is a picture from Elder Brown´s camera. It really isn't a good picture, but it is Presidentes house. He had just finished playing Vikingo. It is a Valadez family tradition. On birthdays you take the cake and put it in the center of the table, then everyone gets a spoon. The goal is to eat as much cake as possible and not let others eat any... it got pretty crazy! As you can see all the chocolate on the table and my mouth. It is a fun tradition! (Elder Winterton, Elder Torres[Service missionary that lives in the DF and works in the offices with us 5 days a week], Jair[Presidentes 15 year old son], Yo) You can get a vista at how nice presidents house is! |
Every day brings something new and different! I love it so much! I love you all so much too!
Love, Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment