![]() | ![]() ![]() | ||
| Tacos de Canasta y Tacos Guisados on the street in front of the offices! 36 Pesos for all this!!! |
Hola Familia,
Okay this week I am going to start off by writing what happened in the area. We had two really cool experiences!
1) Last week we went to visit a couple that was investigating about five months ago. They were progressing really well but couldn't get married legally so the missionaries stopped visiting them, and consequently they stopped attending church. So we went by to visit them last week and talked about President Uchtdorfs conference talk. We told them that there is room for everyone in the church and the Savior is always there for us with his arms wide open. We taught about faith too, and explained how we need to show our faith through our actions. We invited them to read conference talks and read the BOM each day. All went well and we left. Yesterday we returned and they ecstatically greeted us! They couldn't wait to tell us that they had received legal documents so that they can now legally get married! We were so happy for them too! I couldn't get the smile off my face the whole lesson :) I know that the Savior sees our actions and blesses us according to our faith. We follow his example simply because we love him! I know he lives. He is everything to me. I love him so much. Christ is the Savior of the World and he blesses everyone of his children. Believe, Have Faith, Act, and he will follow through with his part!
2) We visited another investigator who is really great, she goes to church every week and does everything right, the only thing that holds her back is that she is scared to tell her parents that she is going to get baptized. That is the only thing holding her back, she is scared. When we visited her this week she told us that she had a dream a year ago of two young white people who taught her in the dream. She was extremely happy in her dream and felt calm and peaceful. She didn't know what the dream meant at the time. But this week she told us that we were the two in the dream! It was crazy! She is going to Puebla to talk to her parents the first week of December and then she can get baptized! She also told us she wasn't going to ask them permission to be baptized, she is just going to tell them that she is going to get baptized because she knows it is the true church! It was so cool to hear her testify to us!
Okay in the offices I have been doing a lot of ´´House Cleaning´´. I have been organizing records, cleaning out old boxes and shelves and throwing away things we will never need. We have some authorities coming from Salt Lake this week and I want the offices to look nice so I took the liberty to do so :) (You know me mom)
I also had a big task to tackle with rents in the mission. We have had some problems with rent in the past few months so President and I sat down Tuesday morning at 8 am to work everything out. We sat down in front of the computer with a list of all the houses, all the rent prices, all the Elders, their phone numbers, and President's iPhone! We called every companionship and talked with them about their rent, how much they receive, and how much they pay. While we called them I updated our records so the automatic payment system will pay them correctly! It took us 4 1/2 hours and we finished at 12:30! It was great to be with President and spend some quality time with him!
Elder Brown, Elder Torres and I went to the Airport twice times this week! First was Friday to pick up an American Elder, and the second time was yesterday to pick up three Elders from Ecuador that were waiting for visas. They came from Brett Peters Mission, and one picked up Brett from the Airport in Ecuador!
Speaking of Brett.... when I was in the Airport Friday a pack of Elders walked by and one happened to be Elder Peters! I SAW BRETT PETERS!!! It was so crazy! We both had so much adrenaline and were shaking so much when we took the picture! We walked him to the check in desk and said goodbye. It was amazing! I know the Lord is watching over us always! I
love this work, and love what I am doing,
love this work, and love what I am doing,
Elder Quinn
I saw Elder Brett Peters in the Mexico City Airport Friday night at about 9:30! He was flying off to Ecuador and I was waiting to pick up a new American Elder! It was so crazy to see each other... we were both shaking because of our adrenaline. I love you all so much! Stay dedicated to what you are doing, I know that this is the Lords work, and I see his hand in it every day!
I love you all,
Elder McKay
This video is awesome! It reminds me of Southern Utah, I cannot tell you how many times this had happened while ATVing! I love the analogy :)


No comments:
Post a Comment