Sounds like all is well! I am glad that baby Taggart is doing well, along with Lauren! I am so proud of Nate being a father! That's so sweet!!! LUCKY
Mom and dad the house is looking great, and I cannot believe you can find time to travel with how busy you are with the house, but enjoy Florida! A walk on the beach honestly sounds amazing right now!
WOW. This week has been busy with trips to migration and Zocalo and just running everywhere! The work is busy! I love being a missionary, and I love working in the offices.
We are still teaching W_____, she is for sure getting baptized on the 22nd of this month! She is so great and easy to teach, she is adapting to the ward well, and the members are really reaching out to her as a soon to be member. This ward is really helpful and willing to do the work of salvation! I love the ward and the members so much! I just wish I had more time in the area to be with them, to teach them, and to go rescue their fellow brothers and sisters who have gone inactive.
We are being as succinct with our time as we can. We have started cutting down our lesson lengths so that we can teach more! Instead of teaching for 45 minutes we try to do 20-30 minute visits so that we will have time for everyone! It is a wonderful work and a joy to be here! I love it.
We have not been able to find the family of 9 at home :( we will keep trying! We also have M___ A____ progressing towards baptism, he also has a date for the 22nd. He is great, I love teaching him, really receptive!
We were walking in the street last night and this beer bottle came flying out of no where and landed right next to us and shattered. I immediately darted behind a truck. I saw that it had come from behind us, there was a group of guys laughing and pointing fingers. It was a weird feeling to be discriminated like that. It made me think about Joseph Smith and all that he went through so that we could have the church that we have today. It made me thankful for all that he did. My companions were pretty upset with the situation, but I didn't let it get to me, we just went and bought 5 tacos for 15 pesos to make ourselves feel better :) hahaha It was an interesting experience. I was able to reflect on what I learned from it. But don't worry mom, we are fine! :) That was about it for the week, I'll send some photos!
Love Elder Quinn
Hey keep me posted on the ´´big changes´´ in the Midway stake! I see you changed our records over., I cannot see the Park City stake anymore :) I was sad
| Ducati! That is for you Elder Peters and Deluca! (McKay's friends serving in Ecuador and Texas) |
| New Suit! I like it a lot! It was supper cheap! 76 bucks! |
It´s been another awesome week here in Mexico! I´ll start with the area... There is a member in our ward who is the owner of a sewing workshop and a lot of nonmembers work for her. We have been going to her house to teach her and her family and it never hit us to just start teaching the members. We have been teaching all of the workers there and we have one investigator that is actually progressing. Her name is V____ and she seems to be way interested in what we teach which is awesome! The others kinda seem to like listening to us cause were young white boys but that's alright we gotta do what we gotta do so they listen! hahah Our investigator M____ A_____ is continuing listening to us but has a little problem with the word of wisdom and smokes. We had a powerful lesson with him about how through Christ we can do anything and he committed to try and stop so he can be baptised. W______ is continuing to progress and is doing well and our president said we could baptise her in about 2-3 weeks so shes pretty stoked.
This week I got way sick from food I think and have been a little stressed with my work in the offices, but have learned that if I put the Lord first everything else will fall into place and thats excatly whats happening. I had to go to the migration center to help with more of the visa stuff today and yesterday which was awesome. It was cool to tour around the city some more. Mexico City has some amazing rich places where a lot of tourist go. Today we kinda got into a debate with a college professor from spain about religion and it was way fun talking to her. At the end of leaving the building she ran up to us and said bye elders! It is such a neat opportunity to get to know new people from all over. Elder Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment