Friday, February 14, 2014

week 35

Elder Frazier shinning my shoes in preparation for Elder Oaks visit:)


Another angle of the shoe shinning event

Elder Brown and I with Serafin! Downsyndrome boy in the ward. We are like his best friends. His mom and sister are recient converts

Us with the family. Yo, Laura, Serafin, Ana, Elder Brown. (Notice their house... one room)

Enjoying the full moon from the hammock!

 
Hey mom! Love you! I didn't get your Valentine card... yet :) I would love to see some pictures of the house progress. I am glad that you're still loving every moment of it! hahaha Dads story is so funny about receiving all his house gadgets on the front door step :) I love him and am so happy for him! hahaha. Canyoneering... oh wow, don't even tell me.. I miss nature and seeing all of Gods creations. Although I was able to enjoy one last night. I finished two baptismal interviews at dusk and I walked out of the Churubusco Stake Center to see a huge full moon cresting over a huge tree. It was so so so beautiful! God knows me and knows how to complete my day :) I love it!

Yeah this weekend was so amazing with the visit of Elder Oaks, and his wife, and Bishop Davies.
 

Thoughts:
Elder Oaks was so so so powerful and full of the Spirit. He walked in all chipper with his usual Elder Oaks smile :) The first thing he did was personally greet all 300 of us! He took my hand in a firm shake, looked me right in the eyes, like he was reading my soul, and said, ´´Good Morning Elder Quinn´´. Wow that was amazing! Greeting an apostle of the Lord is a testimony builder in and of itself. Wow. He talked about Mexico and the numbers, or statistics of the Church in Mexico. There are about 25% active members in Mexico, and it has been like that for years! He wants to change that. He also wants to see a baptism per week in the companionship's. He said, ´´You cannot wait for the members to give you references, if you wait until the members act, you WILL be wasting the Lords time.´´ That was pretty bold! I loved it, and the mission is pretty excited now. Everyone is contacting like crazy and talking to everyone on the streets and in every moment. When we do ALL that we can do, and then ask what more we can do, the Lord gives us more to do! Then we do that, and he will provide the rest. There is always something more to be done in this great work! I love it! We always have our ´´line in the water´´. His wife also gave a great talk and I have a lot of impressions from that as well. She was very powerful, strong, and supportive. 

Bishop Davies came to the Churubusco Stake Conference Sunday. We had an investigator (W____) sing in the stake choir, along with 27 other ward members. (The choir was 40 in total.... yeah Pedregal Ward is amazing) We also had two other investigators come! It was a marvelous conference! Bishop Davies Spoke about family, prophets, and showing our love one for another. He and his wife sang love one another and then the congregation sang it another time through together with them. The spirit came so strong I just felt tears swell up in my eyes and I couldn't sing. It was another testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. I love it, and I love the impressions of the Holy Spirit. What a privileged it has been to hear these inspiring words this week. 

Last night we did splits with the Ward mission leader and his dad (both recent converts).  I went to do two baptism interviews, while Elder Brown went to teach M___ A___,  and introduce W____ to family history with the Brailsfords. It went really well! I was able to spend some quality time with Ivan to re establish goals and plans for the ward missionary work. 

It has been a really great week! What a great way to finish the transfer. Next week is transfer week, should be pretty simple this time around, but yes I will be in the airport several times. We are still expanding as a mission! One goes home, 15 new missionaries, 8 of them being sisters!!! 

I love you all, thank you for your support and prayers!
Elder Quinn
McKay on email today:
Hey, I have got to go to a members house to eat and then teach some lessons! I have to come back to the offices tonight... I will check my email again, so if you send something later I will see it later today! I will send you pictures then.
MOM: Ok, I thought it was P-day?? When do you do your laundry and shopping?
 
Hahaha it is never p day. :) It is always work day! Welcome to the offices! :)
I washed last night at 9. I cleaned the house this morning at 9-11 I went shopping at 11 and then came here to email/work. I then went to eat in the area, teach a lesson, and contact two others. Now I am back in the office to finish up balancing the books from the January expenses. Then we are going to plan all that we need to do for upcoming week! Changes week!!!! Lots to plan!
 
Yeah, got your valentine today! Perfect timing! Thanks! Love you mom!
Love you, talk to you next week.
 
McKay's companion, Elder Brown's email home:
Dang  it´s been an awesome week.  First off I wanna start off with the weekend with the crazy experience we had as missionaries.  Elder Dallin H Oaks came to talk to us and another mission nearby.  We all got to get up and personally shake his hand with his wife.  It was an awesome experience watching a prophet of God and the way he acted.. Just like us!  Him and his wife were hilarious together and the spirit was way strong.  After that, Sunday, Bishop Davies from the presiding bishopric of the church came to talk to our stake which was another powerful talk.  

This week we met the coolest guy ever.  His name is J de J___. He invited us into his house and it turns he was a singer in his day.  He had some sweet pics with the President of Mexico and with all his Mexican boy bands.  He liked us so much that he made a CD and gave one to me and one to Elder Quinn.  He told us we were his friends sent from God and that we will be ¨hangin out more". 

This week two people have passed away in the ward.  One guy was way old and sick and the other was only like 28.  It was pretty sad cause I have taught them both and it was weird thinking about what had happened.  Cool to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that we will all end up back together again! 

We have changes this week so if I get changed I will let you all know!  Love you have a great valentines day!  Me and Elder Quinn will try too as well.

Elder Brown

No comments: