to me
![]() |
| Interchanges with Elder Frazier |
| Mexican Pride! Cool little side street we found in our exchange! I love Elder Frazier too much! We have alot of fun living together |
| Clean House! |
| Kitchen! |
| Thanks for the package, I shared :) |
| We taught the primary how to share the gospel with their friends using pass a long cards. We gave each one two! |
Hey and that's cool you are stopping in Mexico to see some ruins! I would love to go see them, there are various ones here, but we cannot go see them.
Talking about stampin´up trips... spring 2015 Hawaii! What's the latest... I mean what's the date :) Wow, why am I talking about all this, I am getting distracted. :) hahaha
Oh one more thing, Mom, when you mentioned that you started crying when you listened to Celine Dion... I started crying, we had so many great jam sessions to that CD driving up the canyon from Salt Lake! I love you mom! We eat with this little lady every Monday ( I love eating with her she makes soups and cooks with a lot of vegatables) in the background she puts on this ghetto pirated CD that she bought in the metro, and track 10 is Celine Dion... I looked at Elder Torres and just smiled when I heard it :) hahaha
La Obra de Salvacion! (On to the work of Salvation!)
The good stuff. So we have two set up for baptism in April. They are two h___ de J__ L____. They are called B____ and J___. They both have kids and work at the hospital. We have been going to their house three times a week and they came to church sunday! They loved it! They have felt the spirit really strongly, and J___ is really taking everything in and meditating it well. He was instantly like my best friend. The first lesson he told me to take his motorcycle out for a spin, and then in this last lesson he turned to me and said, ´´I dont know what it is, but Quinn... ever since you entered in our home and started teaching us I have just clicked really well with you. I don't know what it is?" I replied,´´It's not me, it is the Spirit, you can feel the spirit in this moment, and it is comunicating to you.´´ He was left there thinking about it. Then we committed them to baptism, they are great. He likes motorcycles, camping and the night sky. I told him that we had all that in Utah. He wants to come to Utah to go camping in the mountains... we will see how it goes.... first the baptism :) hahaha Anyways everything is going super well with them. We will see them again tomorrow and invite them to the Stake Conference.
M___ y G_____ came to church! (This months long ward fast is working!) They are progressing really well, and learning the valor of sacrifice! They should for sure be getting married this jusves or in a week. The bishop is working through it all with the judge. Then we have W____... she is coming to church... but waiting to get baptized, don't ask me why. It has been a week filled with blessings!
The airport went well... we went two times. (To mom, the sister was not from The US.) She just didn't want to be here. But it was terrible. We had to get up at 1:30 AM to take her to the airport! We slept another two hours and then went to the offices to work! It was a long day, but the Lord blessed us with strength. The Lord knows what we have to do, and he provides a way to do it! I have seen that many times here in the offices.
The sisters are doing well. Oh the last change we recieved a sister from Nevada, but she said she meet you guys at the PC ward! Cool! The first four American sisters are now trainers or Sister training leaders! It is really cool, they are doing well! I have one in my district, she is the new sister training leader! (They do exchanges with the sisters to verify their progress)
Anyways all is well and we are seeing blessings!
Love you all,
Elder Quinn
Oh hay dad! thanks for the advice, I have really been praying a lot for help. I have counseled with the presidnet, and the assistents, (because we work so closely together) and I have tried various strategies. It is still tough. Today we went shopping and he wasn't buying anything... he was just walking around childishly avoiding the subject. I finally asked him what he was going to eat this week. He doesn't have any money left and it is the 14th of the month! I was frustrated.... hahaha. I ended up buying him some bread and yogurt to get him through the week. On the walk home, I had to have a finance chat with him. :) I said look.... How much money did you take out at the beggining of the month, and how much do you have now? What is the date? Okay... bien hecho. Now this is how you can budget your money and live cheaper (changing buying habits, buying bulk, not eating in the street, ect.) Oh I felt like a dad sitting down with a son. I felt like I was in your shoes dad. Oh it was tough.
I am stilll working hard, and focused. I am trying to help him. He doesn't really like me, because I am obedient and I help him make right choices... he is a little rebbelios. But I am going to keep trying to love him. I will for sure put into practice your advice, thanks dad! I love hearing from you... and your hand written letters have been great! I keep them in a separate pile so I can go back and read them when I need the advice, they come in handy!
I would love to see more house pics!
It is coming along so well! Looks amazing"!
I love you dad!
Your son,
Elder Quinn

No comments:
Post a Comment