Friday, March 21, 2014

Week 40


Elder Hulme and I in the Comida (lunch) today

So we just went to eat in the area and teach a little, We ate sopas and then had fruit with tajin (chili) sprinkled on top! (Tiff, how crazy is that you were talking about Tajin today, and I ate it! (Its pretty common)
Oranges with Tajin (Chili powder)
 
We still have all our baptismal dates set, M______ should be getting married this week (finally) and W____ is going to the doctor to see about her health, and then will have an interview with President. We have so many on the verge of getting baptised I just want them to happen so badly... I have been working so hard with them. I think with the Ward fast we will see the blessings. I hope. We have been really busy teaching the investigators and menous (less) actives that we have assigned that we haven't had time to teach new investigators. That's kind of bad, so we had a coordination meeting this morning with the other Elders of the Ward so that they could help us out and we could be more effective!

Coolest Story Ever!
This is one of the coolest things that could happen to a missionary.

Okay we were walking down the street when a guy on a bike stops and asks, ´´are you the elders of this area?´´ We said yes, and then comes a little closer to us. When I come into his sight he says, ´´ Oh wow, how long have you been in this area, I think I know you.´´ I replied that I had been here about 7 months. He began to say, ´´ Yeah I totally know you! You were in the Micro (bus) with me about 6 months ago and you started talking to me. You gave me a Book of Mormon and then you had to leave.´´ In that moment I remembered him and all that we talked about! He went on to say, ´´I would like to thank you for what you did that day and I am happy to inform you that two months ago I was Baptised!´´ I was so excited! It was an amazing moment! We stayed there and chatted for a few minutes, he is now the counselor to the YM President! SO COOL! That was a testimony builder of contacts! Sometimes we don't see the fruits of our labors, but there are fruits, and we are always planting the seeds, el Senor is going to care for the seeds so that they become fruits! That was the cool experience of the week!}
Brayden Winterton! Do you remember when we contacted Cesar in the Micro to Santo Domingo six months ago? We gave him a Book of Mormon and then we had to get off so we just left him there with the BOM? Yeah He passed us on his bike the other day and thanked me for what I did. He got baptised and is the counselor to the YM president in Acoxpan! BTW all is well, I am still here in the offices, How are you? Elder Quinn
 
Love you all! 

Elder Quinn
McKay's emails today:
12 pm
"I love you mom! I am working on balancing the books for March!  Fin de Mes! End of the month is due Tuesday!  I will be here all day on the computer, any questions...ask away!:)
My companion is suppose to be entering in references...who knows what he is up to.  No Brailsfords aren't helping me....just me locked in my office....I have been going at it since 8:30...just taking a little bathroom/drink/email break:)
Yeah it is warm, it's nice!
5:52 Hey the great room floor looks so so so awesome! Dance Party!
That looks so sick!  I love it!  I went to eat and teach and just came back to finish up.  At 7 I am going to do an interchange and go to Churubusco again.
6:51 pm
I love you mom....and really miss you!
Your Son,
Elder McKay Quinn

No comments: