Friday, March 28, 2014

Week 41

Hey! What a great update! (I feel like I say that every week, but its true!)

Okay to answer your question!
The exchanges went extremely well! I will send the pictures! I went to Churubusco with Elder Olsen from our new stake, Wallsburg 1st Ward! (so cool to talk about Midway and all the people we know). It was so awesome to talk with him, he graduated Wasatch in 2013 and came on the mission after the summer, so he has about 8 months. He is a good worker and am blessed to have him in my District!
Elder Olsen and I in Churubusco on our exchanges.
 Cerro de Estrella in the background. (Star hill)

Shannon Balser, I was in the MTC with your son Danny, Balser. He came to the offices today to pick up a few things and I saw him here. He says hi, and all is well! We were going to take a picture, but forgot :) Just so you know your son is on the other side of that hill in Quetzal, Iztapalapa! Oh yeah!!! He is doing great, I love that kid!
 The night I arrived him I asked him what he wanted out of the exchange, and what he wanted to develop... he said street contacts. We contacted like crazy all Saturday! I think we talked to over 35 people and put at least seven appointments! He called me to give me a report last night and he was so excited! He said, ´´ Elder Quinn!!! Today we went with the family of five that you contacted last Saturday!!! They are golden, and they our our neighbors!´´ Hahahah I was so excited! Hopefully they come to church! I am really excited for the progress I have seen within the District, I guess that's what happens when it is full of hard workers! I am blessed with my district! Although I am sad because it will be changing this next week. We have the changes, and we just finished planning everything today! My district will change... I will have more Hermanas, we will see how that goes :) (Nothing against hermanas.... but :) 
The VW Bug that we found in front of the Catholic Cathedral while I was in the interchange in Churubusco with Elder Olsen from Wallsburg, Utah in the Midway Stake.

This is a VW bug that we saw on our interchange in Churubusco. It was parked outside the Catholic cathedral :)

Yes exchanges are 24 hours... I love them.
Elder Hulme is an Elder from Orem, and is in my ward (Pedregal) We are four missionaries in the ward. Almost every ward has four missionaries and this change we are receiving 24 more missionaries, we are just now starting to put three sets of companions in the bigger wards. Lately has been a lot of planning for the changes, and how to receive more and more missionaries! (A good problem to have... and an expensive one :) Good thing the church has a sturdy tithing program ( Love the talk by Elder Bednar from GC) 

We are still progressing really well with our investagators and all. They all are progressing and we are seeing fruits from the ward fast! i I will be here for the next change so I hope I can see these baptisms! I have worked so hard with these people for so long! 

I have had some fun/interesting experiences with President this week. It just reassures me of my purpose and reason for being here in the offices. Mom, my patriarchal blessing is so playing out here in the mission! WOW. I had to go pick up some receipts from the presidents house and he was leaving and he said something that just made me laugh... it was the way he said it, so casual and confident. he was walking out the door, and didn't even turn around or anything but, he said, ´´ Oh yeah, Elder Quinn, Aeropuerto 5:00AM.... Friday.´´ That's all he said, but he said it like he know I would know exactly what he meant and what I needed to do. :) I love that man!  Sometimes the greatest way to show love is to show your trust in someone.... That is so true, and I have seen it with him, and the Lord.

He then came over to celebrate Elder Fraziers birthday! We played Vikingo again, (the cake game with the spoons) It was funny, President showed up at about 9:30 and we just all enjoyed some cake together!
Then he called me the next day to talk about something, I dont even remember why... but out of the blue he started talking english, and we just talked in English, he thought he was so funny. We ended up ending the conversation because we were laughing and he couldn't remember why he called me. Hahaha I love that man!
Elder Fraziers birthday cake (Jiar and President)

Elder Fraziers Birthday!
Left to right: Frazier, Jiar(Son of Pres), Guerrero, Pincay, Herrera, SeaƱez, President Valadez

So yeah, I woke up at four this morning to go to the airport to drop off someone that had a medical situation. It was tough, and sad, he really didn't want to go. He kept saying, ´´I never saw this happening´´ I feel bad for him, but I know the Lord has a plan for him! 

Tomorrow we have an open house in the church! It should be a good activity! We are hoping that a lot of people come to get to know the church! Then Sunday night we have a fireside that we are teaching and then putting on the short Restoration DVD! Then Monday, and Tuesday are the changes, and Wednesday I will go take the old missionaries to the airport! Then before we know it, it will be Friday again. We have a lot to do between here and there! It will be a busy busy week! Between now and then I hope all is well with all that may read this post. 

Until next week, 

Elder Quinn
 
From McKay's emails this week:
Mission info:
Casas 
76
Elders
155
Hermanas
38
Senior
4
Total Misioneros 
197
These are the numbers from a report we just did!
Mom the president just told me that he would be interviewing W_____ tomorrow! We have been waiting for a while now, and yeah... its going to happen! I got the sweet package this week! It is perfect! Everything I need! And more!
Dang, the house looks good! BYE, I love you all!

1 comment:

Shanon said...

Thank you Elder Quinn.. I appreciated your message!