Tuesday, October 7, 2014

week 67 General Conference

Hey there friends and family! I hope you all enjoyed the conference as much as I did. With 16 Americans, a flat screen plasma TV, and 260 pesos of Mexican candy we almost thought we were in the US! Not really, but we did feel the great spirit of the lords servants... WOW. I have so much respect for those men, who are called of God. I know that they are really His servants. They speak with so much love and power, and they are truly my hero's. I loved this conference sooo much! Yes, it was ALL about testimony, and our personal strengthen that comes through the testimony that we develop. I loved three talks in particular. 1) Elder Christoffersen, who talked about the mercy, grace, and justice of the savior. That is a talk we can all apply in our lives. 2) Elder Uchtdorf in the Priesthood session, who talked about looking at our own faults before others and strengthening our personal testimony before turning outward. That talk was so so so powerful and moving to me. 3) Elder Bednar, who is always such a beast! He just layed it down how it is, telling all the non members why we want to share the gospel with them and how they can know that it is true! That is going to be a huge help here in the mission with all the investigators! I love the prophet! I sustain him, not only by raising my hand to the square, but by acting according to his advices. I love the Lord, and I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer!

We had new members go and investigators, so that was awesome! 


General Conference 
Elder Quinn, Lewis, Hulme, Erickson

260 pesos worth of candy, and 3 kilos of gummy bears

Smart TV connected to the Churches WIFI
 

Today we had a Zone Conference, so that is why we are writing a little late, it was sweet and all went well!
zone

my sweet hair cut...
I cut it all by myself,

then I buzzed it last night:)

Elder Erickson's birthday is tomorrow, we are making no bake cookies!!!

Love you allllllll,

Elder Quinn

No comments: