Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MTC on hauska!

Terve

Sounds like everyone is alive and well! Including new Jean, oh, I was SO excited when I got the dear elder from Camille. It just had the basic info; I told everyone in the district! I'm so happy for you Tiffany. Camille, you turn, hopefully all goes well.

Mom, I hope you and Dad and saving enough energy so that you can serve missions. You have been so incredibly BUSY! I know you will make amazing missionaries. I love to talk to the older couples hear. They contribute a lot.

This week I meet Elder Sign, as in Scott Sign's son. (from the High School) He is a great elder and he also has the privilege of staying at the MTC for 12 weeks. He is going to Tahiti on his mission and they have to learn Tahitian AND French. It was a great experience for me to meet him. Scott used to always tell me about his son and I finally met him, and even better than that, he is on a mission!

The language is progressing slowly, more and more principles are showing up in my speech which is good. We taught the second lesson and it went great. This week we're doing the same lesson but switching who teaches what. We are getting to the end of our grammar lessons so now I'm concentrating a lot on vocab. I LOVE the Finnish language! It is so fun to learn. All the grammar is woven together. Forming a sentence is like putting together a puzzle.

I don't know if I've told you but I have sung in the MTC choir every week. There are about 500+ missionaries in it and we sing on Tuesday night devotionals. It's been a great experience for me. I love it. It is a great musical outlet for me, that I need. :) And a great spiritual booster. Every week we sing my heart is softened and I learn something new about the message of the songs we sing.

Turns out my Branch president's son was in my BYU ward. Now he is here preparing to serve in Japan. That was kinda cool when the president and I discovered that. He said that he and his son had a talk about me. I don't know what that means. But it was a great reminder to always act your best. You never know what's going to happen in life. Luckily I was a good boy at BYU, for the most part.... haha

Much love,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: