Monday, June 22, 2009












Fam,

I wrote the best e-mail ever and then I think it got deleted!!!! NO…..It was so detailed.

Sounds like you all had a great trip down the Muddy. I’m jealous you saw the horses. What fun, I always loved that. Luckily we still have beautiful nature here in Finland.

We were in a first teach with this guy and we just explained the spirit , what it is, and what it does. I asked him if he could remember any times in his life when he’d felt the spirit. He said yeah, when I go out in nature and just ponder. I LOVED that answer. We can really feel the spirit strongly, if we are prepared to, in nature, in the midst of enjoying God’s creations for us.

Mom sorry I can’t remember all your questions.:(

Food….I’m eating healthier than ever, and I feel great as a result. I cook for dinner, if I have time. Lunch is usually a sandwich or salad. And breakfast is a fruit smoothie or oatmeal. I’m getting my fruits and veggies everyday. And I take my daily vitamin and D3. I want to buy protein powder because what was here before ran out. But it is expensive. Maybe for my birthday I’ll buy it. I’m really learning the practice of self control here. I’ve seen a lot of Elders that spend, spend, spend…It’s amazing. I’m trying to learn as much as I can from the good examples that are here; President and Sister Brown, and other budgeted missionaries. Sister Brown encouraged us to practice saving money. So I’m planning to set aside 20 a month. That is a big chunk. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it every month. But then I’ll be able to fall back on it when needed. Speaking of money, I didn’t feel right buying pictures to send home with mission money. So I spent 8 on picture prints and I’m sending those home. Fun!

Jacket….I just wear my short sleeve shirts and that is it. When it rains I wear one layer of my coat, sometimes two. I don’t know when I should buy my winter jacket. But I’m fine without it now. I’ll look for some kind of summer sale. Do you think I should buy one sooner than later?

I love you all. Thank you so much for your prayers. They are paying off here in Finland. Oh shoot….that’s right you didn’t get my email! Tampere has two baptismal dates. The sisters have one with a single woman. And the Zone leaders have one with a 17 year old boy! YES! Amazing story. I totally forgot that part. I wrote it in the email first thing.

Rakoudella, Vanhin





No comments: