Monday, June 29, 2009

On tosi kuumaa tällä Tamperella!

One of the shortcuts to church.



Just another old church. They are everywhere.
Elder Quinn and Bryant

Wright, Nikiforor, Quinn.
Tampereen kirjasto.

Church by Tempereen Kirjasto.

Wright, Quinn, Bryant in old Lutherin Church across
the street from Tampereen Kirjasto (library)
Finns = Lutherans = Crosses everywhere.

Desk.

(this is the explanation that Dallin wrote on the back of the desk picture)

Many different mustards (sinappi) which they eat with makkara. Yum, 3 different mustards=living the plush missionary life. That black one cleans you out! Notice their all made in Finland.




Terve!

This week has been really different. We had pretty much a whole day of service. We woke up, studied, then moved Sisar Waltzer out of her apartment into a storage unit. She is mid-sixty-ish and is going through a divorce. She is rock solid in the gospel and is really good to take along to teaches. The last teach we had with her she was pounding her fist on the table just laying down the basic principles of showing faith. Haha I won't ever forget that.

Anyway, right after that we ate and then went to our ward mission leaders house to help him. We weren't really sure what he had for us. It turns out he was building his house all by himself!!!! Heck, now we're probably going to go help him a little more often. Can you imagine building a house all by yourself? He said it felt so good to have us there because the work went so much faster. Guess what Elder Bryant and I did? He had us build his back deck! He took about three minutes to show us how to do it and then he just left it to us. Trusting that we would do a good job. I was amazed. So, yeah, I never thought I'd be building a deck on my mission. :) We finished the whole thing in one day too. He was so excited, he whipped out his grill and fed us afterward. haha I love this work.

The next day we caught a train to Helsinki (one and half hour ride). There, I got to meet up with my MTC group, and the mission language coordinator for the day. We studied Finnish and how to study Finnish for the whole day! I really enjoyed it.

It was fun to see how much all of us have improved. The Lord is definitely blessing us here in Finland. I thank all of you for your many prayers!!! We still need them. And yes, they are coming to pass. We received another investigator this week (Jussi). He seems pretty interested, so we'll see how it goes.

-------------------------------------QUESTIONS-----------------
Is 4th of July big in Finland??.....YES! It is when you have a BAPTISM! The sisters investigator. is getting baptized on the fourth. We also have Zone Conference. in Turku the day before. Fun coming week. :)

Sorry about last e mail. It was super long and got deleted.

Our language tutor is just a member here in Tampere. We meet with him at twelve o'clock on Wednesday for one hour. He teaches us about the lang and culture. It is always fun just because he is a big Swedish man who speaks British English and he is pretty funny. He is also a great missionary. He usually has a new referral for us each week! Talk about living the gospel. He meets these people on trains and at work,....

New foods, yes, I'll write snail mail the rest.......:( gtg Love you all. Keep holding fun in America! I'm doing great. :) :) :)

No comments: