Terve!
Well we made it trough our really busy week! It feels so good to help people learn about the gospel! I wish more people would listen! If only everyone we talked to on the street actually listened to what we say. It's amazing how many people flat out reject the simple blessings and truths of the gospel. AND the spirit! But we have been taught that right after we meet someone and they say no, the angels in heaven are already organizing their next meeting with the missionaries. :)
Well, with that busy week, Elder Bryant and I finished our time together right! He is actually staying in Tampere but moving appartment to become the new north Zone Leader with Vanhin Write, his trainer. And I am staying in the same apt and Vanhin Falk is coming to me as the new District leader for Tampere. I'm way excited. I actually got to know him pretty well at ZC and he is great. He grew up in Russia as an orphan until he was 12. Then he was adopted into a member family in the United States, joined the church and is now on a mission. He knows Russian, really good English, and now Finnish. He has been in Finland one transfer less than Elder Bryant. That's all I know about him right now. He comes on Wednesday.
Zone conference was so great I loved it! We talked a lot about repentance, and what it feels like for an investigator to start truly repenting. And what is needed for that to start happening. We also learned about Gifts of the spirit. WOW It's amazing how much HF wants to help us in life but he can't because we don't ask him to! We have to ask for gifts of the spirit. The biggest thing I learned is that the more studied out and specifies things we ask of the Lord. The more powerful his gifts are to us. If that makes any sense. Yes he already knows us perfectly. But when we actually take the time to think about what exactly we need.( I show men their weaknesses that....) Then we can ask for more specific blessings. And then they come more visibly and more powerfully into our lives. Specific, specific, specific! In prayer, in Obedience, in teaching. I love it. The Savior did not perform a general sum suffering for all mankind. He performed a specific atonement for each and every one of us. So should I teach to specific people's needs. And so should we perform our specific duties in life. To our family members, to church callings, steward ships.....(homework for each class, Mckay).
It is sad to see Elder Bryant go. But luckily he isn't going far. I'll still see him prob. Weekly. But what dad said is so true! I am going to be able to learn a lot from my new companion, as I did from Elder Bryant. I love him. He will always be my trainer!!!! This new transfer will allow me to grow a lot too.
Camille, I'll be praying for you to get that job. It sounds great! Mckay, another scout camp??? Sweet. I'm jealous. You'll have to let me know what you learned.
Mom, yeah, I didn't get a letter last week. But I did get your package when I went to Zone Conf. :) Thank you. The cookies in it were so good! I gave one to V. Nikiforov and he said, ´no wonder Americans are so fat! This is the best cookie in the world!!!´Did you all ever get my letter with the printed pictures in it? I should have come in a self made envelope. Eli, I made it out of the Mrs. Fields cookie box. Did you get that?
Well, we are going home to pack V. Bryants stuff. And eat kiisseli, that berry soup stuff. We made it last night for the first time. It's really simple. I'll have to send you the recipe, or you could look it up on the internet. It's basically water, sugar, your choice of berries and rubarb, and potato starch powdery stuff. The rhubarb raspberries is the best I've had so far.
Well, love you all! It's been pretty rainy here, but I'm still as happy as a convert with a book of Mormon!
Rakaudella,
2 comments:
Wow, my family is wondering if Clint ate the soup. That would so not be like him. I love the comment to his brother about homework. Boys will be boys:0
Elder Falk is an awesome elder! He knew my cousins really well growing up and I saw him progress a lot in the MTC. Elder Quinn is getting some great companions!
Post a Comment