It has been such a hot week! We have been sweating everyday, I asked Elder Falk if we were serving in Finland or Brazil! But I'm grateful for these hot days. I can look back and remember them when the thick chill of winter settles in all too soon. :)
We hosted a mini missionary and sent him home on Saturday, he was a great help to the work. He was so great at Finnish. I learned a lot about teaching from my heart, in Finnish, from him. Love is so important in this work. I can tell the difference when I am obedient out of love. Or when I talk to someone on the street because I actually care about them. It is so great. I have so much to learn here in the next year and a half. From the Finns, my companions, myself, President, and most important, the Lord. I know he has a plan for all of us. And I know that that plan for me includes this special time in Finland from 09-11.
We had a great opportunity this week to go do service for a member with our investigator, Henri. It was out in the country so he gave us a ride out there. Then we made a fence for his Lambs. It was so great to see Henri get to know the members a little bit better. We are praying for him still to gain a stronger personal testimony of the restoration. He is getting closer, this week we commited him to live the Word of Wisdom, and we talked about tithing.
Henri is our only progressing so we are trying to find people to teach! The secret to missionary work is work, and we are putting that to the test! I get real tired at night but I also have the best feeling. I know the Lord has prepared people for us to find and teach. Please pray for them. I love you all,
No comments:
Post a Comment