Monday, August 31, 2009

Uusi kaupunki!!!

Terve!

Alright! Elder Oseen and I are so blessed to be in Pori right now. It's the 7th largest city in Finland, which means it's pretty small by American standards. And it has the churches smallest branch. There are 19 active members at this moment. When Elder Oseen came 6 months ago there were only 16. Which means BAPTISMS! 3 There are really good people in this city, and we have a lot of investigators right now. I'm super excited!

On Sunday Jonni, an old investigator, got the gift of the Holy Ghost. Elder Oseen and I got to stand in as the Branch President performed the ordinance. It was such a powerful moment. This branch really needs more priesthood leaders! In other words, if ONE of them moves away then Elder Oseen or I would most likely have to be in the Presidency. But let’s pray that doesn't happen because we need all the time we can get out on the streets, finding some more future priesthood holders!

We are really excited right now because we got a member referral; the member missionary work is great here, from this old lady. And when we went to visit the referral it was this 40 yr. old lady who used to be an investigator a year ago, but stopped when she got cancer. Well....now she has gotten rid of it and her desire to learn more about the church has come back. Our first visit with her we talked about the BOM. O asked her, 'how often have you read the BOM over the past year?' She said, 'EVERY WEEK! And I pray thanking God for it everyday and every night.' WOW. Talk about elect. We are excited to help her on her journey to Christ.

This gospel is pretty darn true! You'd think someone perfect created it or something. :)

I love you all! Rakkaudella, Vanhin Quinn

I've got more time. Oseen is a good old ID boy. Really funny humor and the best teacher I've seen in the field so far. He is really good at personally teaching people, and also seeing their needs. That's what I'm going to be trying to learn from him. He is Really Great!

UM, as far as the different dialect goes. It isn't as bad as people say it is. People just chop some words off to talk faster. But it's still understandable. They do that a little bit all over Finland, so it didn't take too long to adjust to it. Grant it that YES, totta kai, there are still some people we run into that I can't understand at all! But hay, its fun that way.

Ha-ha yesterday we are trakting. This guy opens the door. I say Good evening, we are here because we believe in Jeesus Krist. He immediately points at me and says DON’T LIE! It's a pretty harsh word in Finnish. I said, about what? Ha-ha he then went on to angrily tell us that Jesus had children with Mary. I said, ' Well...that may be true. And then he said, 'why didn't he take his children and Mary back to heaven with him?’ SO seriously and angrily at the same time. Like he was proving something to us. ha-ha As soon as I started to say anything he would just shout Älä valehdelee!!! Ha-ha so E. Oseen politely excused us from the door and we bid that man a good night. I wish we would have thought to teach the Plan of Salvation. It would have linked so well. Ha-ha >No he was so mad at us from the get go he wouldn't have listened.

Mom what's my bank account at? 20 or something? Ha-haThe jacket I bought is really nice, it'll work really well. I've already started wearing the shell out her in Pori. It's a costal city, a little colder I guess. Oh! OUR apt is a MESSSSSSS I can’t believe missionaries have been living in it. I'm slowly putting things in order. I really think it'll take me the whole change. I even requested more money from the office to fix some things. :)

The Lords work continues!!!! LOVE LOVE RAKKAUS!

No comments: