Monday, December 7, 2009

hyvä joulua

Terve!
Not too much has changed this week. The work is still going. We did a lot of contacting and it’s payed off. We met this guy named Carl who is a young architect here is Helsinki. He said it would have been easy for him to say, ‘hey I don’t have time for you guys’, but he feels like he should keep an open mind.So we got his number and the next day texted him. He said he could meet that night! Which is every missionaries DREAM! haha We had a great teach about the restoration and we are meeting him again to teach him about the plan of salvation. He asked lots of really good questions. And really didn’t have anything against the church's views or doctrine. I’m excited to see where it goes!!!
The Lord is actively in this work! It is incredible to see His mercy and Grace as he guides the work here. I know that where ever there are willing people to serve the Lord, He calls them to the work and will use them to bless others lives. I’ve been thinking a lot about Elder Scott’s talk lately in General Conference. It is about the spirit and revelation. Being in the place where I am now in my life I’ve never felt such a need for revelation. The principles of revelation are very interesting. Elder Scott’s talk helped me to start thinking about how the Lord sends me text messages. Yes, dad, I’m still texting. But hey, this time it’s with God. Is it possible to over bill that one? If it is I’m no where close. I feel like that talk was spot on. We need to reley on the Lord much more that we do now. We really can get direction from Him. I’ve seen it here on my mission, and it’s something I never want to loose.
Well this week Elder Little leaves and it’ll be Elder Burt and I tearing up the streets here in Helsinki. I love you all, have a great week. Vanhin Quinn


No comments: