Monday, May 31, 2010

Terve!

This week has been great. We had Language School (kielikoulu) and exchanges with the our district Leader. Language school was very nice. I was nervous because language school lasts the whole day, and this time we had a smaller group of two missionaries, but they stayed very attentive. Thanks to the inspiration of the Holy Ghost we had a good time and Elder Burt and Groberg didn't wear out half way thru the day. I've had that happen before, it isn't fun. If your students don't want to learn it's almost impossible to learn.

I do these school's once every six weeks. The schedule is pretty fun.

It starts at ten in the morning and we have a spiritual message. Then we translate a short movie script (Finding Happiness) after which we watch the movie to see how they did. They always enjoy that. Everyone has time to stand and present their personal Language study plan which PMG encourages us to have. I love accountability!

For lunch one of our office couple makes a delicious meal and we all eat together. With the younger missionaries we make milkshakes, speaking Finnish the whole time. :) Then I interview each Elder and Sister while Elder Bryant does some Q&A. Then we have a visit from a finn. who tells about themselves. Following which Missionaries teach them.

After that we go over some language lessons and there is a myriad of things that we could do. It depends on the group and what I decide before hand. But we usually end by telling success stories to each other.

This coming week is Zone Conference Week. We go to Tampere tomorrow, Wed-Helsinki, Fri-Oulu. It's going to be a busy one!

We are planning on calling our investigators to stay in touch with them.

I love you, keep loving life!

Your son,

Vanhin Quinn

No comments: