Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sinä olet onnekas täällä viikolla!




Terve rakas perheeni!

Oh, the joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to bare testimony of the Savior everyday. Not because I'm a missionary but because I have a testimony.

This week of conferences is what we call a 'gong show' meaning crazy, especially because we aren't with our investigators much at all, but we were still able to testify of the gospel and add to the work. We did it by helping missionaries.

This morning we were joking that it was nice to finally get some sleep. It felt like we woke up Tuesday morning and didn't go to sleep until Sunday night. :)

We woke up early Tuesday to drive to Tampere where we held conference all day. We drove home Tuesday night and arrived at 11:30. Then Wednesday we had conference all day in Helsinki until nine. Then we had Thursday to be in our own area and plan for the following week. Friday we woke up at 4:00 to fly to Oulu for conference all day.

Then we stayed in Oulu and went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders up there. Ohh they are great elders. One of them was in my BYU summer ward, the other is a new ZL that is doing a great job. There has been a ton of success in Northern Finland this last few changes. Sunday morning we rose again at 4:00 and flew home to get to church on time. We could have stayed in Oulu for church but we wanted to be in our own ward for our investigators. Well, no investigators showed up but they did ask me to translate. :) It was a great Sunday, our two new members and the less active we've been working with were all there.

The Lord has really blessed us this week. Even with all the hustle and bustle this week, Thursday we got a new investigator and in Oulu we found two or three on Saturday. There is no way we could do the work without Heavenly Fathers help. I was thinking about how the finding numbers across the mission have just skyrocketed this year. It's miraculous. It's not much of our doing. The Lord has mysterious ways. He is preparing people here and leading his servants to find them. Be it missionaries or members. Our referrals too have raised a bunch. It is just a miracle. That is the only way to explain it.

I'm happy to hear that you are doing well. Mckay, sounds like you had a fun weekend. Work hard all the way to the end of school...and then thru the summer too! :) There's nothin' like hard work. It does a man good.

Please don't forget to pray for the Finns while you're in Las Vegas. Pray for us to be led by the spirit and speak the language. Your prayers are part of the faith that brings about the miracles here.

NO, Vanhin Bryant isn't trunky. He's incredible. On a scale of one to ten he's an 11, on a bad day! What a joy it is to serve with him again. This next week Vanhin Nikiforov goes home. We will be taking him to the train station on Friday morning. :( I might cry for the second time on my mission! I LOVE him. But I'll probably see him again at his wedding before I leave Finland.

This week we are praying extra hard to find people, especially a family!!!!!!! Please help us. A family would do wonders to our ward right now.

I love you and even better...I like you all too :) You're the best. Keep life happy.
With all the love my little tiny heart can muster,
Vanhin Quinn

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
:)
Families can be together forever.
Yeah, in conference pres talked about the Plan of Salvation. Woah, I'm sending some stuff home. :)

No comments: