Monday, June 14, 2010

-Kiitos Sulle Jumalani-

Terve!

-Kiitos Sulle Jumalani-

Great week! The weather is unbeleivebley beautiful, it's warm, people's hearts are softer, the Lord's work is going forward, life is wonderful.
Yes, we are having a General Authority come in two weeks. His name is Elder Caussé. We will hold three conferenses with him. One in Helsinki, Tampere and Oulu. Then right after that President Brown still want's to do our regular Zone Conferenses which will also include a Language test. :) This up comming transfer is going to be unique. We are getting really excited for Elder Caussé's visit.
I'm sitting here in the office with sister Pyykkö a senior Finnish sister who is like another grandmother to us all. She knows the Merril's in our stake! Is that who I went to visit in Jeremy Ranch before I came on the misison?
Anyway, We have a ton of things going on right now as we prepare for change week, KieliKoulu (Language School), the Lang, Test, Mission tour, Zone Conf., Mini Mission (where Young Finns serve for a week), and trying to find,teach, and baptize. There really is a lot to do when one is in the Lords work. Like Pres. Eyrying said in preiesthood, our responsibilities increase as we get older and rise in the priesthood. But the Lord shapes our backs to fit the load. Oh how true that is. The Lord knows me better than I even know myself. I've decided it's a prettty good idea to put my trust in him. :)
Last week we also put a lot of energy into making sure F_____, our new convert switched wards well. She moved to a different place in Helsinki. Now the sisters are taking care of her. New converts are such a treasure. What a lucky ward to be receiving her. We will miss her.
Now mom... I love you, thank you for your hand written letter last week. It made me smile. I'm giving my all to these wonderful people. In D&C 4:2 it states to work with 'all your heart, might, mind, and strength.' I am serving here with my heart and mind as well as my might and strenght. My heart and mind are in the Lords work. That is my holy calling. I am an elder, a son of God, bringing in lost sheep. I have made a promise with the Lord to serve him and pray I can please him for these two years as well as the rest of my life. What a priveledge it is to be here!

I love you and dad and the Lord. You have shown me so much love, I can't repay you. But I am trying my best to live in a way that brings honor to you.
Sincerely,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: