Happy Fathers Day Dad. It sounds like you've all been having a great few weeks then you had to go back to work. Remember while you work that I love you!
Doctrine and Covenants 123:12 tells that there are some which are separated from the truth only because they know not where to find it. Many people don't know where to find the truth. We walk the streets and knock doors to try and find them. Yesterday we met a couple who found the truth without even realizing it. We were in church going from 2nd hour to third hour when we saw the Bishop talking with a young couple in the hallway that we'd never seen before. He was in a hurry somewhere and motioned to us to get over there quickly. It turns out that these people didn't even know the name of the church but they just felt like they needed to go inside and find out what was in it. Well, we showed them around and they want to meet again this week. They both really nice and open to talk.
The Lord's ways are not our ways! Vanhin Bryant and I had just been talking in our weekly planning meeting about how little time we have to find people and that we'd have to rely on the Lord. It's really a miracle that this couple came to church. What's even crazier is that they came during church! Out of all 168 hours in the week they came during the 3 when we have church. That's good planning. (pointing up) 'The Guy is good', as President Brown would say. I testify that your prayers are heard. God is preparing people to join his fold at this very time. The work of angels is real. There are unseen forces of good in our lives that are literally heaven sent. This is an amazing work. I don't want to make it sound like I'm exaggerating anything because I'm not. The Lord even said himself that a great and marvelous work is about the come forth among the children of men. And what a blessing it is when a few verses later he says, if ye have a desire to serve God, ye are called to the work. A work that is out of this world! :)
We are still preparing for the upcoming conferences and looking for people to teach. Yesterday we went back to a former investigators house and we had a really good feeling about it. We were looking for a woman but her son and daughter answered the door. They are both teenagers and really layed back and nice. Their mom wasn't home so we're going back today or tomorrow. It seems like this lady was really excited about the church but then just dropped off the radar. I don't know what happened. we'll see.
Alrighty I've got to go. Lots of stuff to do. But let it be know that I LOVE YOU! Elder Bryant too. And with that, we bid you adue.....
Vilpittömästi,
Vanhin Quinn
P.S. we are going shopping today for some more clothers. Right now I'm running on two pairs of pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment