
Mom I was thinking of you when we took this one. There are fields and fields and fields of these Flowers in Finland right now! (Lupine)

Our project

I don't think this is the iron rod Lehi was talking about.
Terve!
Wow, I was surprised to see all the e-mail this week. THANK YOU! If all e-mail could be sent thru one person that would be great. If you could just send your letters thru mom that'd work better. Don't worry about it taking computer time, I can just print them out and read them whenever.
What a week! We met with a great new convert O____. She is a stellar member. We used a conference talk to talk about enduring to the end. When a heart surgery is performed the recipient has to take precautions daily to make sure the body doesn't reject that heart. It is the same when our hearts have experienced a 'mighty change' like King Benjamin teaches.
We met with V__ L______, an activating member, and read parts of President Monson's Be your best self talk. We brought magazines, paper, glue, markers, a lamination machine, and made book marks to help us remember to always study diligently, pray fervently and live righteously. It was fun because he really enjoyed it.
This week was Juhannus, mid summer day, holiday. We were not allowed to tract for a few days and what not, we also had to be indoors sooner than usual. Elder Bryant's sickness got a lot worse this week. He has actually been taking extra time to sleep. We cancelled our arrangements with members during the holiday because he wasn't up to it. :( Durning the holiday we came to the office. While elder Bryant took it easy I got a lot done for the upcoming language test. For the reading section I chose an old article about a genealogy center they put in Oulu. The listening is about a fun idea for giving out Book of Mormons. I think it'll all come together really nice. Things usually go that way when one is in the Lord's work. :) After I finished that I joined Elder Bryant. We vegged on the couch and watched The Testaments in Finnish. haha I hadn't kicked up my heels like that in a long time!
We conducted companion exchanges this week with Elders Grimm and Leppard. It went really well. Elder Grimm and I got to teach five times and on top of that a member took us to meet some family friends of hers. A couple with four young children. They live in the country side and are redoing some things on their house. We arranged a time when the elders will come and help them. SWEET! I have a feeling they are going to get baptized!!!!!!! :) they are ready for the gospel.
o.k. Oh Finland, what a beautiful land and what wonderful people. I know that Jesus Christ lives and because of him we can live with our father again. Yes Andrew, I agree with you and with the Prophets. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. Meaning, a plan for Elder Quinn, a plan for Momma Quinn, a plan for Andrew Brothers, Geoff Hult, momma Brothers.........There is no cookie cutter plan. The sentence, "God has a plan", means so much to me. All things can turn out for our good. All things we can learn from. "With the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives, nothing can go permanently wrong. Without it, nothing can go permanently right." I pray that God will help us to choose the right!
Voi kuinka ihanaa evankeliumi onkaan!
Ok you lukies.....more pictures.'
Veli Lindroos with our project.
All the Love I can muster,
Vanhin Quinn
P.S. I'm of the mind that MY FAMILIY ROCKS! You're the best.
PPS. Tiff thanks for the ihana letter.
No comments:
Post a Comment