Hello family! I love you. :)
Alright, We've been teaching O____ once a week and it's going well. She had some clarification questions about the plan of salvation so we are going over that this week and we're also inviting a bunch of younger people from the ward. Elder Bryant and I are super excited. It will be fun to teach the plan of salvation to a new member again too. Last time we taught it with E____ it went really well.
This week Elder Caussé came for a mission tour. It was great. He shared many stories and was a master teacher from the scriptures. I was really amazed. He taught for an hour or so about serving with desire. We looked at a bunch of scriptures in the BOM that use the word desire. Alma, Nephi, Enos.... For the rest of the time he just answered questions about missionary work and taught when he saw a need. It was sooooo cool to see him teach to the different zones and missionaries needs. It helped me to see how I can teach our investigators better. He would always ask questions to find out what we understood and where we are. Then he would start teaching from where ever we where. Questions help SO much when teaching. Oh, then at the end he played an impressive arrangement of come come ye saints on the piano. Needless to say I now have one more hero. Not to mention a french hero. He was stake president in Paris for years and a few (2) years ago called to be in the Europe area presidency and be a 70. He truly is a man of the Lord and we were blessed to be with him and feel of the spirit.
Ah jaa, a fun little tid bit. His niece is Melanie, from Paris, who lived in Park City for a little bit. She hiked in the Uintas with us and we went to hike Zions with Brother Tingey, Geoff, Andrew... I asked him if as he was the stake president he knew the Babin family. He kept probing for more and more questions with a contemplative face. Then he couldn't help but brake out a smile and say that's my Niece! haha Small world.
So, most of our week went into the Mission tour. We rode the night train from Helsinki to Oulu and back it was a lot of fun. Well, for me at least, Elder Bryant is still sick so it was tough for him. The day before conference was a serious rest day. I really hope he gets better soon! But, it is looking a lot better already. We dug out the huge arsenal of medicine mom had me smuggle into the country and found some great stuff in there. I'm surprised I got that thing across the border. Anyway, Elder Bryant asked me to thank you multiple occasions this week. He says he loves you aswell. :) That means a lot coming from this cowboy.
Happy fourth of JULY!!!! We've decided to make it a holiday in the Finnish mission as well. We were at presidents house last night and he got four calls, all were elders reporting baptismal dates! yipeeeee! The church is true. Elder Caussé really helped us to start turning a new corner. And already this morning we got another baptism date. The elders came here to the office to teach a man they met two weeks ago and he wants to get baptised! They set a date just before I started writing this e-mail.
Life is beautiful!
Sincerely,
Vanhin Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment