Monday, July 12, 2010

Oi kuinka paljon rakastankaan perhettäni!

TERVE!

Summer has arrived! We have been sweating so much more than I thought I ever would on my mission this week! haha (feel free to interpret that sentence literally or in a different way...both are true) :)? It's hot and beautiful!

We're still meeting with a lot of new members and less actives. Things are going well. We're getting a microphone set up so V____ can bare his testimony on Fast Sundays.

We have lots and lots of work with the members and in the office, usually so much that it is hard to find new investigators with the little amount of time that we have. In fact I would say we wouldn't find new investigators if it were not for the Lord's help, it would be near impossible. It reminds me of the BOM where the small armies of God always win the big huge armies. Why? Because the Lord shows forth his mighty hand.

The Lord has done just that to us this week. We had two 8 year old baptisms this week in our ward. We went to help and meet all the non members who were coming. We got to meet a ton of new people and some of them seem elect. Especially this one family. The mom was asking things like, Is this place just full of people on Sunday?' and 'when are your meetings held?" she also said, "children are treated so lovingly by everyone here" and "the feeling here is different than anywhere else I've been".....etc.? If those aren't BIG FLAGS I don't know what is. We are pretty excited to help her understand better the things she felt (spirit!!!!)at the baptism and help her feel it again as she prays to know the truth of the BOM and whether or not she should get baptized. :) We also met another man there who was pretty open. We'll see. Please pray for them!
Mom, Dad way to be! I'm glad you skipped work to be grandparents, that's awesome. no...that's part of your eternal role.? Sounds like the fam is alive, well, and still believing in Christ. .....good. I can say the same for myself. The Lord has truly extended his mercy to my lately when Elder Bryant was under the weather I never got sick. I thank God for that, and thank you for your many prayers and efforts of faith.
One more thing. We had our zone conference (including the language test) scheduled for this coming week and we were getting all ready for them. On Saturday night president Brown called us at 8:50 and asked us to be at his house by 9:00. That got our minds going at about 1,000,000 miles an hour. We were at his house for over an hour as we read through a letter he, and all mission presidents across the globe, got concerning some changes being made in mission organization and scheduling. Long story short we canceled our conferences and are holding a big planning meeting with president on Tuesday. It has to do with training missionaries better and when presidents are expected to hold interviews, conferences, etc...
Anyway, that may be boring to you, but it is my life. :) This work is wonderful. This new program will help missionaries become more effective teachers and guides for people to gain their own testimonies of the gospel. My heart is about to burst with excitement so I better stop writing. This happens every time I write to you, I just get this amazing feeling and oh... yep....it's bursting.
Love you,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: