Monday, July 19, 2010

Love suomesta!


Terve!

It is a picture perfect summer day here in Helsinki! I just want to go lay on a grassy hill and enjoy the perfectness of nature. This morning we played the great game of sähly with the other missionaries in the area. I don't know what it's called in English.....floor hockey?

So, yes we did cancel our zone conference that was supposed to be held this week. It will be in two weeks. But it was too late to cancel our plane tickets so we flew up to Oulu to do splits with Elders Henderson and Hamner. They are doing so well up there. They actually had a baptism the day we left. A young Finnish girl who will be the only member in her family. Bless her soul, she's like Joseph Smith when he said he knew it was true and he could not deny it.

That one lady that was at the member baptism last week wants to know more so we are meeting with her and her friends this week, YES! Some people are just fully ready when the Lord gives em to you, I think she may be one of them.:)

And this week we may have found another one too. She came to church with her mom, who is form Mozambique, to translate. After the meeting the ward members just flooded around her to talk and see her adorable 2 month old boy. Long story short we talked with her and she invited us over this week. SWEET to the beat! We'll take it. :) The Lord is taking care of us here.

So, yes, we are going to have a fun week, everyone has invited us to their house to say bye to Elder Bryant. And we have a lot of teaches already scheduled. Plus we have a big meeting with president and all the leaders of the mission on Thursday. It's a part of this new program. But hey, the Lord always provides a way. It feels like we have too many things to do, but we will put our investigators first, then everything else. I love how the gospel helps to prioritize things. It's so wonderful!

Suomi is beautiful right now, I wish you could be here to see it. You're missing out.

Nate,good luck on the rest of your exams. Tell Patriarch "Guten tag von Elder Quinn". He holds a sweet place in my heart, and so do you! :) Please continue to pray for us and the Finn's. We need your faith and the power of the Lord to find, teach, and baptize the elect!

Much love,
Elder Quinn
P.S. yes I did get to go thru the temple last week and I finally got to do that family name you sent. one thing...I didn't remember to get it back after the session. oops. I'll see if I can get it. It was William Jennings.

No comments: