Monday, July 26, 2010

Moi


Terve!

It is wonderful to hear about you all. Mom, thank you for your letter and updates. I will be praying for you all. T&A, N8, Camille & Gregg. Like Elder Christoferson said, the gospel life is the good life. I know that's true. I'm the happiest I've ever been right now.

This week we had a teach with a referral from Mozambique. Her mom is a member from there and is visiting for 2 months. This lady agreed to meet a few times a week with us becauce she just had a baby and is off of work. YES, the Lord is such a good planner!

We also met a man on the street the other day he knows a man in our ward and came to church on Sunday, hopefully he's elect, we cant tell yet.

O.k. also on Thursday we had a big leadership training meeting with all the Zone leaders, District leaders, and 'Soon to be' District leaders in Helsinki. President introduced some new materials and everyone is way excited. It's about teaching better with the spirit and to peoples needs. Just what we need.

BTW we have gotten 17 baptismal dates in the last two weeks which is HUGE for Finland considering where we've been recently.

YES!!!!!!! I am training a new AP. Well, o.k. I'm pretty convinced President is bringing him in to keep me in line. :) haha His name is Elder Curt Henderson. We actually were in the same ward at BYU summer term. I learned how to count to 3 in Finnish with him before I even knew I was going to Finland. :) again...the Lord is amazing in his orchestration of things! He has a wonderful attitude and is full of fire in the work. We are both super excited for the next two changes. We have a ton to prep for the next few weeks. He is getting baptism by fire with Mini mission, zone conf., lang. test, Language school, and zone leader council, and another leadership training meeting all in the next three weeks! :) yeah....we need you prayers.

Elder Bryant has been serving incredibly valiantly to the end. I think the most trunky thing he has ever done was this morning. He bought some Finnish pastries because he knew he'd never get the chance again. And even at that he didn't say anything about why he bought them.....but Elder Henderson and I knew. Bless his heart, it's going to be hard to see him leave.

Well, that's about all there is time for today, sorry.
I love you
Sincerely,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: