Monday, August 2, 2010

Perheeni mulle rakas on


Terve!

'Whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.'D&C 84:87

Mom, cool that you mentioned that scripture. We just used it as we taught in the mini MTC today. I have a firm testimony that as we are doing the Lord's work He actually is with us. I can't tell you how many times I barely had the courage to open my mouth and then the Lord fills it with the right words. The Lord is with those who are obedient. What a blessing that is, you can be sure that He is with you and is helping you. That was part of what we taught today to the 16-20 year old Finns who are going out to serve with our missionaries for a week.

O.k. wow, today is when everything that we've been planning for starts. A good example of how I feel is this. As we've been planning for the last month, we've been carefully and slowly loading fuel into a rocket. Today we just ignited that rocket with the start of Mini Mission. I don't think it will stop for at least six weeks. :)

Elder Henderson is great. He "ain't no dumby" as Brother Bryant would say. We had a meaningful conversation as we were planning this change. We came to the conclusion that even though the schedule is packed, we must enjoy every moment of it. There is so much busyness in the world. Rarely do people stop to think. Our biggest goal is to follow the spirit and feel of it's peace. The spirit is the most important part of the work. If we were to go to all these conferences, schools, exchanges... without the spirit it wouldn't be very beneficial. But as we are prepare and the spirit is with us we will be able to concentrate on other people and their needs. Be it investigators, members, or missionaries. So that's what's been going around in my head lately. Just lovin' life as a missionary.

Today we were at the railway station with the last mini missionary waiting for his train. Regardless of all the things we had on our plates we decided to take some time and talk to the people around us. We were able to talk to a few people and it was a great experience for everyone. Those mini missionaries are awesome. They are going to bring about a lot of good this week. I love the Finn's they are so wonderful!

This week is also Zone Conference week. We'll be in Tampere, Helsinki, then Oulu. I hope we can meet someone good in the airport. It's been my goal but I haven't found anyone who is ready yet. Just cold shoulders. Pray for us this time! :) Maybe we'll meet an elect.

O.K. We've got to go.
Love you!
Vanhin Quinn







P.S. No crying when Vanhin Byant left. Just like you say mom, Every dog has his day.

No comments: