Monday, August 9, 2010

suomi on paras maa!

Teve!

After three zone conferences with a language test and the mini mission Elder Henderson and I slept really well Saturday night. The President did a wonderful job introducing this new simplified curriculum to the missionaries. It's purpose is to teach missionaries how to teach. It doesn't take away from 'Preach My Gospel' but rather helps us to use it more effectively and teach more spiritually. If I could sum up the simplified curiculum in three words they would be, spirit, teaching, and baptism. It has eight lessons one of which is teach people, not lessons. I like that one. Actually, in zone conference President didn't teach the lessons, he gave an overview of the program and how he has changed his whole years schedule to train us appropriately. Next week he is holding, under direction of the first presidency, a leadership training meeting (LTM) [dad sound familiar?] which will last four days in Helsinki, all the mission leaders and trainers will be in it. There he will teach those eight lessons, two a day, then in the night we will go out and practice what we've learned. This kind of LTM will be held every other month. It's a big change in mission culture. After it's over all those who attended will teach what they learned as the go on exchanges. It's all about teaching, and you can't teach with out the spirit.
Elder Henderson practice teaching each other the doctrines of the kingdom every day. Dad, from what mom says, I would love to see you teach. It's awesome, the gospel continually becomes a part of you. As we study and teach more and more we don't act different when we teach or in other words, go into 'teaching mode' rather, these principles of the gospel are what we eat, drink, and breath. I'm still not a very good teacher but with the spirit, God makes up for my weakness.
We've had some great opportunities to teach this week. The Sloan family invited someone to church this week and we taught her personally during sunday school. She has a great background wherein she has investigated the church before. Sister Brown sat in the teach, it was in English, and we just asked the right questions to this woman and she opened right up and told us what she desires and feels. Because of that we were able to teach directly to her needs. The spirit was so very strong there as it guided and put into our hearts what we were to say. I'm so grateful for God's great love He has toward all of us. After our fourty five minute teach this woman commited to be baptized. No date, but she said she knows it's true and the right thing to do.
We are super excited for her and pray that she can gain an even stronger testimony of the restored gospel. Please pray for her. This week is a lot slower than last week, we just have Kielikoulu and zone leader council at the mission home.
Mom, I finally did that temple name you sent me almost a year ago. I'm sending it back today. :)
Mini mission went really well. It was a great experience for them to build their testimonies of God's love and activity in our lives. Missionary work is life!!!!! at least it's mine, and I love it. There isn't any other thing I'd rather be doing right now.
Lets all have a great week and just love life as we strive to follow the spirit.
LOTS OF LOVE,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: