Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 4

Familia,
I cannot believe how fast time is going by. I was able to welcome Tanner (Benson) and Zeke (Strong) into the MTC this week, so cool. I love those guys. They both seem to be doing well, and I have pictures with both of them.
 
 Time is flying by. The days are incredibly long because we do so much, by 9:30 I am so ready for bed, and I usually just crash at 10:15 before the lights out call is even made. I do believe in strict obedience. The first week I never made it to bed by 10:30 and I was so tired the next day. Since the first week I have always made the 10:30 lights out and I wake up in the morning ready to go... It is a tender mercy of obedience. I know the Lord blesses us with miracles when we are obedient.
"Days are long, but weeks are short"
This week was the 4th of July, my favorite Holiday. After a day of regular routine classes we had a special devotional where we watched 17 miracles. What a great movie. After they gave us Magnum bars (mom I thought of you) and then we were able to watch the stadium of fire fireworks. It was nice, although the fireworks weren't  that great. I was glad to be in America for the 4th though. I was thinking about the family during the fireworks, I love all the good memories of sitting out on the back deck and doing our own fireworks show, and then watching the Park City fireworks, good memories. Camille emailed some pictures of the Oakley rodeo, I am glad you went. Ironically Elder Tolbert (companion from Heber) and I were talking about the Oakley rodeo on the 4th and how we both missed going, he use to go as well.
Live is still good here. I love learning Spanish. It is coming along so well. I really feel blessed. I feel the love and support from family and friends, thank you so much. I also know that the Lord is watching over me and blessing me with the gift of tongues. It is amazing how quickly I can learn by the power of the spirit. We just finished what we call ana "ayuno de ingles" which is an English fast. We didn't speak English for two and a half days. We all learned a lot and I felt good about saying whatever I wanted in day to day conversation, it is a blessing.
 
 I also learned the power of personal revelation this week. We had a devotional about mission leadership, and during the closing song I realized the importance of my call, and the reality of what I was doing. After, I read part of my patriarchal blessing and it was so clear why I am here and what I will be doing. I know that the Lord is involved in our lives, and he enlightens us as we are ready for the information. I am amazed at the power of personal revelation, and I know it's real.
 
I love this gospel and I love this work. Watch the Mormon message by Bednar, 'Patterns of Light', it is the best!

No comments: