Monday, August 19, 2013

Fourth week in Mexico City


2013-08-19
Laundry Time, ACE, I hope this is Tide....but it's probably a fake brand,
 like everything else here:)
 
 Doing laundry
Hola Familia,

Another really really fast week! First of all I didn't forget Dallin and Becca's wedding. I thought about you for a moment on Saturday. I was happy to see photos of the wedding and everyone together this week :) I love you guys, and I hope you know how much of a support you are to me. I don´t know where or what I would be without you all! I love you.}
(Photo we sent McKay from the wedding and his response)
 
Oh I love it! I am glad all went well with the wedding. I love this picture!
I was thinking about you all on Saturday. It was a really really good day for us. We invited Patricia to baptism and we invited 9 to attend church! so awesome! It was a great day, I was blessed. I really can feel your support and prayers,
thank you! I love you mom.

Okay, so first of all, we walk a ton! I am not sure how far, but I would guess on average 5-6 miles a day! At first I was so so tired by the end of the day, and it was kind of miserable for the last three hours of the day, but this week it all changed. I bought some fruit at a street market, it was so cheap, 20 pesos for 2 kilos of bananas. I have been eating at least two fruits a day, and I prayed for the energy I need to serve the best of my abilities. I was blessed this week, I have not felt tired at the end of the day or anything. I know that the lord answers our prayers no matter how big or small our need is. I have seen that so much out here in the mission field. 

Oh this week all the meals were so good, they were all pretty fancy too, the members lived on the wealthier part of the ward. We had a totally American meal! chicken cordon blue, spaghetti and mashed potatoes( it was awesome, and their house was like totally American... they had carpet! )(they had been to Park City!) Saturday we had a five course meal! Its been a crazy week with the meals, all so so good! 
Washing Dishes! (notice sink is outside)
I wash dishes every night....sometimes I will start washing and by the time I finish I will have washed the same plate three times:)  It is my service to the others Elders.
Something that amazes me is how diverse our area is. There is a main road that runs through our area called Division Norte. It is a huge highway with a metro line that runs down the middle of the highway. It is like totally civilized and feels like you're in a big city, but if you walk for 5 min to one side of the Division Norte you are in some of the poorest conditions I have ever seen. It is crazy how fast the conditions change depending on where you are in the area. 

I gave my first priesthood blessing this week! It was awesome, such an amazing power we have. I slaughtered the members name, it was half Japanese half Latino. I don't know how that works, but anyways I just ended up reading it off a card and my companion helped me with some words in Spanish. I am confident that the Lord understood. It was a great experience, and the spirit was so strong!
 
Elder Rojas and me outside the house.  He lives with us, he is from Pueblo Mexico.
 I realized another meaning for CTR  this week. It is to remember the baptismal covenant. 

C Commandments (keep the commandments)
T  Take his name upon you
R Remember (always remember him)

Okay so Saturday we invited 9 to come to church, all came! hahah it was awesome" so much work to manage everyone at church :) It is rewarding though. I love this work, and am having so much fun" I am enjoying every moment because two years is so short!

Love, Elder Quinn
My desk in the background and the calendar from Dallin, very useful!
We asked McKay if there were Sister Missionaries in his mission:  "There are about 20 Sisters but they are all from Mexico.  Supposedly there are supposed to be American Sisters coming in the next three months.'
 
We asked if he was still looking for a new place to live: "Still looking, we ran out of credit on our phone so we couldn't call to set up tours of the places, we are going to call today because we have more credit now."
 
'I have to go, but I love you mom!

I received your hand written letter in the mail... thanks :) I loved it! The photos of the convention were awesome! I received your one hand written letter! try dear elder...Camille's worked."

Much love, 
Elder Quinn!

No comments: