Monday, September 2, 2013

Busy Week!

Hola familia!



Machete in our old house
 
Sounds like Bear Lake was super fun! Well I had a great week here! Probably the best week so far! We practically accomplished all the goals we made! We still have the five investigators progressing for baptism on the 14th of September! It is awesome to see the change in people with the gospel. I love this work!

One of the investigators has her birthday today... I couldn't let her birthday pass with out a celebration ¨:) So side story first to prep this story... I discovered a Wal-mart on the very corner of our area so I insisted we went today! hahaha. I don't think my companion had ever shopped at Wal-mart before, he was in awe, we had to go down every isle! It took like 2 hours! hahah but it was fun to see his excitement and curiosity :)
What up... I went to Wal-Mart!

Yes Camille, I bought the awesome Mexican Wal-Mart brand vanilla Nutella swirl! Okay I also bought some stuff for S______ birthday... Well we helped them remodel their kitchen this week, and we installed a new oven, so I bought her a pan! And I bought a ghiritelli double chocolate brownie mix! It is baking right now in their oven! I hope I don't kill them with something so sweet... they are a super nutritious family. I am so excited to eat brownies! 
S______Elder Quinn and Elder Perez bake brownies
 
Cooking the brownies in the newly remolded kitchen!
 S____'s Birthday! Feliz Cumpliaños!



On top of her birthday today, we went to another store to buy all the new things for the new house! The other elders kept all the old things and we bought all new:) We have transfers tomorrow but all four of us are staying in this area, and we are receiving a new one from the MTC! I am so excited! We will have 5 in one barrio! The other three will live in their new house, and Elder Perez and I in our new house! I am glad I am staying  here because I really can't wait to see these baptisms the 14th! 
Looking the opposite direction of the park from our roof!

Our new street!
 
member lives around the corner from us!

2a cda. nahuatlacas

We are the green door closest to the park. the road in front of the park is Coras.
You know me... always taking in the view :) 
Pretty nice view... from the roof :) Always looking for adventure!
You can see one of the fields in the park

Our upstairs deck area shared with the owners, the washer is in that door on the right

I received your packet with the house plans! super sweet! Thanks, I like the front door! It is looking really good in the photos. I love the weekly update.

Well... I have a new house too! It is a little bigger than the other, the kitchen is indoors so no problems when it rains :) a washer! and roof access :) :) :) And the best part is there are only two of us! Oh and the owners are super nice... they want me to teach them English... we are going to teach them the gospel while teaching English and hopefully baptize them next month! clever ¿huh? :)

 Speaking of baptisms! on Sept. 15 the requirement for all of Mexico changes, all investigators need to attend sacrament 5 times!!!! so crazy, but it is going to help with retention of membership! 
The kitchen in the new house! we have a stove and oven, all indoors!
The Bed
 

So other mission news...
There used to be 4 zones, they just divided two zones so now we have 6 zones!
This is some natural spring/ lake thing.. totally random in the middle of the city. >I am pretty sure it is where they get the water for our showers
Yes, American sisters are coming in the next two or three transfers ( but nobody in the mission knows yet, just the assistants the secretaries and me!) remember when I spent the day with Elder Bray the secretary last week to change my visa, we talked about it then!
This is the coolest restored bug I have ever seen! Elder Perez.
I took this for Matt Faulkner (camille)

 

I better go take the brownies out of the oven at S______ house! :)

Love, Elder Quinn

(We asked McKay how his stomach was:
'My stomach is fine. I swear by those probiotics and vitamins everyday!'
Told him we wouldn't have to send anything since he had a Wal-Mart:
'Yes you will need to send some stuff... because Wal-Mart is different. :( but yes, they have a lot)'
Enjoying the Roof this morning!
Mom's response to McKay's roof photo:
'I know you are sending those roof photos because they make me crazy!!!!  Are you suppose to be up there?'
 
McKay's response to Mom:
'Yeah you know it! just for you mom! :) Because I love you!
Mom... it is Mexico.... there are no rules.
You would die if I took a video of how the micro conductors drive :) 
And I usually ride on the stairs by the door and hang my head out the door, because there is no head room inside... plus they are packed with people! Its pretty sweet! so fun, and always an adrenaline rush!'

Mom it really was such a good week! It's really fun!

I love you dad! good to know that the ATVs are still getting used and you're maintaining them well! Looking forward to pictures of those fall rides! I love the house updates!

Love You!

McKay Quinn

No comments: