Monday, September 9, 2013

Hola

Hola Familia,
Elder Quinn on roof of his house 9 Sept 2013

Okay first to answer some questions.

Mom, I honestly do not know exactly how the zones are divided.  I know that there are 4 stakes in our mission, and those four stakes were the 4 old zones. My stake (zone) is Churubusco. But they just divided the zone so there are 2 zones in the stake Churubusco. (make sense) so they divided another zone in two as well. There were 4 stakes and 4 zones, now there are 4 stakes and 6 zones, two zones divided. I hope that is clear.
Did I mention that we have 5 elders in the ward now! It is crazy! We are working so hard. Every week there is something more to do, I love it! I love being busy!
 
We had one of our investigadoras go crazy this week. On Friday night she blew up on us! It was so sketchy, she was pacing the house, yelling at the top of her lungs saying all the things she had done wrong, and all the reasons she couldn't progress in life. I mean things I didn't ever want to hear or know. She said she didn't want to accept gods help and she didn't want to continue living her life. My companion and I were just sitting there... silently for 45 min while she yelled and yelled and yelled. After 45 min we simply said that Jesus Christ is your Savior, He knows exactly how you feel and the only way to be healed is through his atonement, and that through prayer she could come to know Christ. Immediately she dropped to her knees and before my companion and I could kneel she had started praying.
 
After the prayer we left and immediately called president....创Presidente, ummm... what do we do?创 We talked to him for a while and he concluded that she cannot be baptized this week like she was planning, and he is going to meet with her this week. The only problem is that we haven't been able to find her since, so I hope we find her this week. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can change her life if she accepts it. It has been interesting to see all this go down. Ill keep you posted on her.
 
As for the other 4, yes... still planing on bautismos this Saturday at 1!
Eating brownies with S____, S______ and J____________________.
S_____ and S_____________ are getting baptized this Saturday.

Yeah, I made these!
 
Another story, we have the new house, right, so we need to go pick up our fridge from the mission offices. We asked an investigator to help us, and after about the fifth appointment we encountered him at home! hahaha. He started walking to a little compact car, and we said, remember we need to pick up a refrigerator. He was like oh... right. He went to a friends house and asked for the keys to his combi, VW Bus. We walked to this open field where among about 15 cars a VW bus was parked. I am not lying the VW was the most ghetto car I have ever seen. It only had one seat in the front and nothing else! It was like a tin can.... literally nothing in it! We hopped in and started to the offices. We got to a road where we needed 3rd gear, but 3rd didn't work, so we cruised in 2nd for about 15 min :) hahaha Pretty crazy experience. It was fun,... and now we have a fridge!
My socks drying!
Hanging laundry on the roof deck!  My sheet are going to smell good!

Con Amor,
Elder Quinn
Our Nutella and Peanut Butter collection!
Camille the stuff from Wal-Mart is so good!

No comments: