I don't even know where to start! I guess you are probably wondering why I am writing today on a Friday. I will start by explaining eso.
Tuesday morning we were sitting in a coordination meeting with our bishop, a super good meeting too, and we received a call on the cellular. We ignored it but immediately it rang again, so we decided to check to see who it was. It was the assistants! AHHHH!!! hahaha So my companion answered, they told him that we were going to have special changes, we all sat up strait and asked, okay... what are they......
" Elder Quinn, tomorrow at 7 AM you need to be in the casa amarilla (the house of the assistants and Secretaries) with all your bags packed and you are going to be the financial secretary for the Mission.''
We were all freaking out! hahaha!
I am the Mission Financial Secretary
| This is the front desk to the office!! |
So here I am now sitting in the office writing you this email! I am so excited! The offices are super super nice and I am learning how to handle the reins of being the financial secretary. It is so much different than what I was doing before, but I love it! There is a lot to do, but it is all so interesting. Elder Winterton is my companion right now, he was the old financial secretary and is going home in 5 weeks, he is from Orem. I am going to work really close with President, and am excited to get to know him better. It is an awesome opportunity that I have.
| This is Elder Winterton and me in our shared office....soon to be my office! I totally will have my own personal office! It is so crazy! |
Okay so the first day I was here in the offices was a financial audit by the area authority over our mission. This happens every 2 years so it was a huge audit that lasted 4 1/2 hours! No better way to start a new position right? :) Everyone was a little stressed, but we passed with no problems!
Okay a little about where I live. Remember my first night here I mentioned the nice house I stayed at with all the other new elders.... yeah, that is now where I live! There are six elders that live there. The assistants, me and Elder Winterton, and the other new secretary in training with his companion. We all live there and it is so fun! I get along really well with all of them and we have fun.
| Elder Quinn with Elder Sanabria, he is one of the assistants that I live with. He is from Paraguay! |
The house is super super nice. We have 5 bedrooms with walk in closets, 4 bathrooms complete with modern fixtures and a rain shower head, a huge living room that can sleep about 15 (for when the new missionaries arrive), a huge kitchen complete with Bosch 6 burner oven/stove, blender, toaster, every pot and pan you could ever need, and two refrigerators. Oh and we have a washer and dryer. The house is super cool with skylight over the main staircase, and a second secret spiral staircase in the kitchen:) I was shocked when I discovered all these things. They didn't really give me a tour so I just did a self guided walk through the first night, and I got lost upstairs! because one of the closets have two doors one that accesses the bathroom, and the other that goes to the laundry. The floor plan upstairs is a little confusing, but pretty cool.
It is so different than the other houses that I lived in her, but I like it :) We are totally spoiled :)
So we went to the store to go shopping today, super nice too! It was like shopping in a whole foods, but nicer! They have American imports too! chocolate chips, peanut butter, they have it all. It is pretty sweet! I bought a 7 kg box of Tide and a huge thing of TP because I have a feeling I am going to be here in this position a while. Anyways, I feel good... and spoiled. We are so so blessed!
Some things I will be doing
1. In the office from 10-2 Monday thru Thursday( sometimes longer)
2. Friday P day
3. I handle all the rent for houses
4. All reimbursements for missionaries
5. All medical expenses
6. Practically any expenses made by the mission :)
7. Going to the airport to pick up new missionaries every 6 weeks!
8. Dropping off the ones going home
9. Getting all the mail and packages at the offices
10. Coordinating and helping with transfers
11. Shopping at Sams :)
12. Doing anything that President asks
Anyways I am super excited and will keep you posted!
The only thing I am sad about is that I am missing the bautismos this Saturday :(
| Another view of the front desk. Not much to take photos of here, but I will send photos of the casa amarilla next week! This shows how the office looks, supper nice! I'm loving it here! |
But all is well here in the offices!
Love, Elder Quinn
| All the mission presidents that served in this mission. |
(We asked McKay how long president Valadez had been out, he said one year.
We mentioned he should get packages and letters sooner, ' yes packages and letters are really fast now! I got one today from August 27th... I guess that's not too fast, but faster!
I asked McKay if this means he'll be calling home every week? 'Hahaha, well note quite :) I do have to make all the phone calls home to the US though, to parents of missionaries with problems medical or personal, headquarters and stuff like that because president doesnt speak english
2 comments:
Wow - This is awesome! Congratulations Elder Quinn! Looks and sounds like he is enjoying his new position!!!
Post a Comment