McKay's first week in the office. He didn't really write a formal letter but answered questions we had asked.
1. Is your new apartment part of the mission home? If not why did you stay there your first night? Where does President live?
House! It is a house we rent. It is huge! 5 bedrooms and big gathering areas! All new missionaries and leaving missionaries stay here! President lives in a different house owned by the church about 10 min from us, his house is apparently even nicer, I haven't seen it... yet :) No one really goes to presidents house, unless invited for a special occasion. The assistants were telling me that he usually invites the assistants and secretaries over for birthdays, etc..
| Our house! So, so, so nice! I love it! |
| Breakfast this morning! Elder Quinn, Elder Winterton (Orem), Elder Bray (Cedar City), and Elder Brown (Gilbert AZ) in the back of kitchen. Our cool secret second spiral staircase in the background. |
Typical breakfast en la casa amarilla!
Pancakes with fruit!
(You can see our patio/garden in the background)
I asked McKay what happened to oatmeal?
Yeah, I am not going back to oatmeal until I have to!
Hot cakes are so good! hahaha
We told McKay that Tiffany had made us Cajata, Mexcian Carmel made from goats milk and cinnamon. His response: That is sooooo good! They sell it in the super market right next to the syrup...good on pancakes!
3. Are you going to be driving? I think you have your drivers license with you? What is it like driving over there? The roads are crazy here! The mission has two cars, a minivan for president and a Carola para la hermana Valadez, his wife. We don't really drive as secretaries. They told me that sometimes we park for him or rarely rarely drive to go get something. But there really is no need to drive because the public transit is EVERYWHERE! We can get to the other side of the mission in 45-60 min on public transit, (micro or metro).
I know this because this week Elder Winterton and I went to the other side to pay an overdue rent bill. So it only took about 45 min to get there on two metro lines.
4. Did you hear how the Bautismos went on Saturday?
Yes! J______'s son and daughter were baptized on Saturday, and the mom and grandma should be getting baptized in a month when they get married.
5. Tell us what happens after 2pm everyday when you are finished in the office. We leave to eat at about 2:30 and then arrive at 3. We eat until 4 and after that we usually have a cita scheduled every hour (one at 4, 5 , 6 , and 7) then at 8 we have to get on a micro and head home. It takes 30-40 min to get home because we have to take two micros, it is pretty far, because we actually live in another area (the area of the assistants).
The members are really strong in our ward! Since we spend so little time in the area the members go and visit the investigators and a menos activos (less active), it is awesome! We have a strong ward!
Oh we are having a Bautismo tomorrow! The dad of our ward mission leader is getting baptized! Our ward mission leader is so great! He was baptized 2 months ago and is tearing it up as ward mission leader! They have had like 5 bautismos as a result of just his efforts!
Obedience. Mom I like your obedience quote... thanks! I have never had a problem with obedience here! I don't want to give up the blessings, the lord blesses us according to our obedience! And here in this house with the assistants and my companion being the District Leader we all have the desire to be obedient so it is really easy! I am so blessed to be in these circumstances!
| Where I am in all of Mexico City! We have this map in the Mission Office. |
Sorry there are no story's or anything this week, just a lot of information. But I feel good about the work in the offices here!
Elder Quinn!
We emailed McKay a photo of the progress on the new house and he wrote back:
Wow, looks great! Are you at the house right now? The sky is beautiful! I miss those blue skies?
No comments:
Post a Comment