Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 43




Mr. Incredible! (The movie:)
hahahah mom you are so funny! You talk like a teen :) Love you so much"! And I really miss you! I have been thinking about you a lot this week with the conference and all.
General Conference Mexican Style!

Elder Torres and I General Conference... your thought on Preach My Gospel :) You know the talk I am referring to right? :)
For breakfast today I had tuna on a hamburger bun :) hahaha I was kind of improvising with what I had because I haven't had time to buy food for a couple of weeks :) No worries, I am still living :) For lunch I bought some bananas and peanuts for 20 pesos in the street! Oh yeah, gotta love Mexico. :)
Lunch!
Yes we made it through the changes, but as always the changes never end with the ´´changes´´ hahahaha. If you know what I mean, We had four unexpected trips to the airport this week, with much running around in taxis and with the president, and this and that... wow, it has been a very long tiring week. Four trips to the airport isn't cheap, and isn't easy... 2-3 hours each time. It is really sad to send people home, and I have been there in the moment too many times. Kids be clean and have a testimony before you start your mission papers! It is not worth it to come out and ´´waste your time, and your companions time´´ and just go home. It is not worth it.

Mom, my companion has six months so we are still trying to teach him how to be an effective obedient missionary. I am working on charity, my own charity towards others.

Yes I thought I would be going into the field soon but who knows, because I would think that I am going to train someone to do my job. I really am good with whatever the Lord wants, yes it would be cool to teach 10 lessons a day and work your tail off in the area... but if the Lord needs me here to work my tail off all day here so that 200 other missionaries can work all day long, I am totally willing to do it! 

I usually get here at about 10am and check the mission email and resolve all the problems that have occurred that day, then I am paying rents, bills, reimbursements, or running around for president buying things.... or if it was this week, I went to the airport with president a bunch of times :) There really isn't a typical day here in the offices. You have to have patience. You have to be relaxed but driven.
I don't know if I was really relaxed before the mission or not, but I have to have a more relaxed perspective here, because if I was always stressing I would never sleep! I don't know how the president does it. I have spend many hours with him this week, and I think he does it with his sense of humor, he can always make every situation funny and laugh at everything, that's his way of dealing with the stress. It is very interesting seeing how all the administration works of the mission. 

Mom I don't know if that answered your questions.

Tomorrow we are baptising W____! WHOOO!!! Yeah! The ward is stoked, us too! I will send you some photos.
Yesterday I had the impression to contact this lady in the street... it ends up that here sister was just baptized in the state of Mexico. But more than that... she lived in that same street, number 16 and her name was Patricia. When we went to find her house we passed a number 16... I said to Elder Torres ´´hey we have contacted that house before´´, and he replied, ´´oh yeah, and her name was Patricia!´´ no way man! It turn out we had her referral over 6 months ago with Elder Brown. We went and contacted it, but we contacted the wrong house! hahaha. So now that I went up to her in the street and contacted her, we actually found the same reference that we had six months ago.  The Lord works in marvelous ways! Through the spirit! I know the spirit prompts us and guides us in all that we do!

It's been a long, hard working week... but a good week!
Elder Quinn

No comments: