| Elder Kelson, (Elder in my District) We had a good heart to heart this week... he was having a tough time with his companion and we had a nice chat. |
| Happy Birthday to Truman and all the April Birthdays,
Truman, does this answer your question about the hot wheels and the mission :)
|
Wow sounds like everything is going super well! Tell Ian (Agnew, mission call to Japan) congratulations! Good for Anne....and Erik... he is going to BYU! Invite him up to the house and tell him hello for me! I miss him, wish he would write me.
No news on the earthquake, all is well. I am not training anyone to do my job... who know when? Everyone tells me that I have been here forever, which is true, but I know it is the Lords timeline, He has a plan and I trust him! That's good to know that Ben (Sumsion) is learning a lot and working hard... good to know that I am not the only one! :) I love reading his emails!
This week flew by! It was awesome, we were able to contact many more people this week and expand our teaching pool, which feels good! We were blessed for our efforts. Wow, Yesterday was probably one of the best birthdays of all! I woke up to Elder Frazier and my companions singing happy birthday, and then after the day in the office we found a ward member in the street (Luis, my friend). He gave me a Hershey's milk chocolate cookies and cream bar and said happy birthday! How did he know? Then I went on a division with President Brailsford to go do baptismal interviews for the Tasquena ward (4 interviews that I did). When I got there the Hermanas had prepared a little note and birthday bag! Then I had the privilege of interviewing 4 baptismal candidates, what a pleasure! There is no better way to spend your birthday than to approve people to enter the door that leads to the celestial kingdom! Wow what a cool experience. Three hours later after four long, intense, spiritual interviews I walked out to find my first converts (Emiliano, Darriant, Sonia, and Javier) rushing to me with a tres leches cake! wow! We ate cake together with the Hermana's and one of the baptismal candidates, A______.... whom I clicked with and felt a connection with. I ended up leaving my contact information with him, so he could get a hold of me after the mission... he has a big story, but wow he has been prepared by the Lord for baptism. That was another experience in and of itself! But anyways, we ate cake together and then headed home! I arrived home and after planning I received a call from president and the Hermana, they started singing to me and wished me a happy birthday, they invited me over Sunday night for cake... I accepted! Wow what a day it was, I felt loved so much all day long! Oh and to top it off I got a super stellar package from mom and the gang... and an awesome card and from from Carmen. Wow what a great birthday... thank you to all!
Camel back tie... genius! Love it! I will try it out tomorrow! :)
| Elder Frazier and I were so excited to open the package! Canteen tie is amazing! |
| Decorations, Cup Cakes, Canteen tie! |
| Birthday Decorations (for mom) |
Today, ZONE CONFERENCE!
It was a really spiritual zone conference today, the president gave an awesome talk and I need to study my notes again to internalize it all! But we are going to implement a plan from the area presidency so that we can baptize every week! It is a grand plan! I am so excited, it is going to take work, but it is worth it!
I don't know if this email makes sense or not, but I am just so excited right now... it was zone conference, we have new investigators, I finished fin de mes (finances), it was my birthday, and I am writing my family! What more could I ask for! Sorry this is so scattered, but I love all you, and pray for you daily! This is the Lords work! I know it!
Sorry I wrote so much about myself, goal for the week... think about others and help them. Plan of action: Study President Monson's talk from Sunday session... then put it into practice!
Love you all,
Elder Quinn
McKay's responses to emails:
Asked McKay if he listened to his music. Yes... every morming while I exercise... Josh Groban and David Archuleta are my favorites... and One Clear Voice.
| Elder Sanabria (Old Assistant I lived with him for 6 months) He came into the office to take his English exam... he goes home in two weeks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment