Office Birthday traditions!
Hey so cool that you could go to women's conference with all them. Yes I know Sister Robison. She is doing well! She is training another American sister... remember you told me about someone that came up to you in the Park City ward and talked to you about Mexico City South Mission, yeah that was her... the missionary that Sister Robison is training. cool! Yes, all is well here this week! Time is flying by! I will send you some pictures and write the descriptions! Love you all! Any questions?
(The following is an email conversation I had with McKay that I'm including because it shows the ups and downs and how tough a mission is, contrast to last weeks letter)
Mom, I wish you were here with me right now. I am sitting here crying... I fell so alone. I am trying so hard to love my companions and help them, but nothing I do is satisfying them. I try to help with simple tasks, but then they just get mad, and don't talk to me. One hasn't talked to me in a week. Mom I am crying, this is so weird... what do I do?
(I'm asking him if something else is going on, tired, sick, stress?)
No, nothing else... I finished fin de mes, and my reports, and things are going really well in the area with investigators and members... that's what I just don't understand..... but now it is in the lords hands and the lords time line.
Mom this is hard... but it is so worth it. I love my savior Jesus Christ, and I know he lives. He lives and loves me... I know that. there is no doubt about it.
I have two companions... Torres and Guerrero. Thanks mom, I am going to head out to eat in the area (at least we eat with my favorite hermana... ALICIA) :) hahaha But I will be back here at about 4.... I would love to hear something from you and dad, because I love you both, and trust you! I love you so much. If we do the call Sunday I can do it any time between 6 and 8 Mexico time, but I have to leave the office at nine Mexico time... yes google hangout! What do you think... what time?
 |
The Brailsfords made the confetti cake! Thanks mom for the cake mix! They say hello to their cousin in the Park City ward! They are so awesome, like my grandparents in the mission :) (Yes Camille... I used gel because my hair is so long! I need to cut it) Despite all the craziness of the companionship this week... I felt very loved with all the birthday celebrations! Thank you all for your love, support and prayers! Much love,
Elder Quinn
(We're talking about being yoked with the Lord.)
Don't worry about me mom, I am right there with the lord.... sometimes he runs a little faster than I can ( like right now) but I am doing the best... and he is doing the rest.
Mom, don't worry about me this week... enjoy your cruise, and love life, just pray for me please. Send all the crazy stampers greetings! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love your son,
Elder Quinn
PS. when is Mable turning 100... tell her happy birthday from her boyfriend! I was thinking about her yesterday... cant wait to see her in 1 year! :)
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment