Friday, May 23, 2014

week 49

Elder Fraizer and Quinn, We look good! Secretaries!

>
On May 23, 2014, at 12:23 PM, McKay Quinn <mquinn@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> Wow I am really busy today! I am finishing up fin de mes today because tomorrow is a baptism and then its Sunday! I have been here in the office crunching the numbers since 8 this morning.... wow its been long! I love you all, and hope to write you a little note in a bit. I think I am done with fin de mes, just gotta go to the bank. I love you all!
>
> Elder Quinn
>
> PS the house changed a lot this week! It looks fantastic! Dad looks really happy and satisfied with everything. Did I see a glimpse of the solar panels on the roof?  (the tractor....  is yours dad?)
 


The Office Crew! E. SeaƱez, Alberchten, Quinn, Frazier!

Wow what a week! After four zone conferences and a few trips to the airport another week has gone by flying! It was an amazing experience to go to four zone conferences with president and just hear him teach. He uses the scriptures so well! We teaches amazingly well. I was able to get to know the mission more (geographically) because we went to four stakes that I had never been to! Wow the mission has some hilly areas with trees, and it really is.... if I dare say beautiful. :) I am so use to the city, metro, wonder brick walls, and herds of people. It was nice to get out a little and also be with the president! We spent two FULL days with him (12 hour days) It was a pleasure. After all that, we were able to select new secretaries, they will be coming into the offices in the next week or so. It was cool to be part of the selection process.
 We had a reference from a long time ago that we never went to contact, but one day walking in the street we felt impressed to talk to this guy! Turns out he was the reference we had! His name is Nacho and he is super Chilango (from the DF) He talks like it! We invited him to church there in the street, and the next day he came! It was awesome! 
We have also had a miracle baptism come through this week. One of our old investigators that we were teaching a long time ago is getting baptised this week! We stopped teaching her because she never progressed, she came to church, but never progressed towards the baptism. But two weeks ago we stopped by to chat and ended up putting a baptism date, and tomorrow is the baptism! W_____ (our recent convert) has really helped us out in the whole process, she has been her friend! It was a wonderful week in the work of the Lord! Many Blessings and many joyous moments! (including finishing the monthly finances!:) 

Love, 
Elder Quinn
I witchdoctored it this week! I saved Elder Fraziers foot with Essential oils, and I stopped Elder Elberchtens bloody nose with lavender! (try it... it works!)

When we talked to McKay for Mother's Day he was telling us a funny story about the mission presidents wife getting essential oils and asking McKay how to use them.  He said to her, 'how do you know I use them?' and she said, "I'm the Hermana, I know everything'.  McKay was showing her how to use lavender when she feels tense and stressed.  We thought it was pretty funny because we are always saying McKay is the 'mission mom':).

 

No comments: