One Year completed in the mission... wow I am old!
Out of 192 missionaries there are 59 that go home before me... in other words I am OLD! Wow it is weird. Time flies when you´re having fun! as my mom would say :)
I am having a lot of fun, and enjoying everyday! The work continues to press forward with steadfastness.
I am happy to hear about the mission calls from the stake! Congrats to Ian Agnew (Good Luck!), Blake (Josh Cummings is in Finland) , Daniel (Same mission as his brother?), Sydney House (Norway, Oslo same as Logan Jones) Who else has received calls or left? Good luck to all of ya´all... give it your all, because you only have one shot! The Lord needs each one of you out here to help spread the good news!
This week has been a week full of reflection. With the visit on Elder Daniel L. Johnson and one year in the mission, I have had a lot to reflect on. Wow I don't know where to start. I have learned a lot, and changed even more. I know that the mission is a time of change, a time when the Lord can mold us into the person he needs us to be, and that is what he is doing with me! I am becoming more spiritually mature and developed. Every decision has a consequence, we can't choose the consequence, but we can choose the decision.
I have learned what true joy is and how it feels. The best feeling that we can have is to know that the Lord is pleased with out decisions. The Lord gives us so many opportunities each day, and he expects us to take advantage of these opportunities. I have learned how to follow the Lord and do His will. I am not perfect and I will always need to mejorar, but the Lord knows that I am trying my hardest to follow the plan that he has for me. When we follow His plan we feel true joy. It is indescribable, but so wonderful.
This week Elder Daniel L Johnson talked to us about time, and how to use it wisely. Having one year in the mission I have realized how quickly time has passed and how important it is! We don't have much time, but the Lord has so much for us to do. As missionaries we cannot waste time teaching people that are not the elect.
DC 29:7
7 And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;
Mom, tomato plant analogy... If we want a red ripe tomato, are we going to go sit in front of the young green tomato plant and wait for it to mature? NO! We are going to look for the ripe mature tomato... that is so true in this work. We don't have time to wait for the tomato to ripen, just to gather the elect!
This work is so important to me, and I love every minute of it! it is real! God is our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ is his son. He lives!
Love, Elder Quinn
![]() |
| This is for Elder Browns mom, he wanted me to send it to her! We still keep in touch whenever he comes to the office! |



No comments:
Post a Comment