Friday, June 20, 2014

week 53

Hey there!

I never thought this day would come!!! 
I am training a new financial secretary! YEAH BUDDY!
We called them in at 9 this morning and have been training all day, they just went out to eat and work and it is my turn to write! YES! hahahah I am training Elder James how to run the offices here. I will be here for about two- three weeks training Elder James, and helping Elder Johnson the other new reference secretary! I am so excited! They are really good guys and they will do the job well! Then I will be out in the field.... where the president needs me... or wherever the Lord needs me! So Stoked! 

This week was a  marvelous week in the area, we were able to find new investigators and also help others come unto Christ, baptismal dates, people in church, and 90% of the lessons taught with a member present! (BTW that's pretty good). We had a great meeting with the bishop and ward mission leader, we put plans for how to work with the members! This week we have been working with family Ulage... the elders quorum president. They are so great! The whole family (parents and two kids) came out with us three days in a row to teach! It was unreal! We but baptismal dates with them, and they were able to invite the investigator to church! And the best part... the wife was leaving her house and contacted her neighbor that was out front of the house, Elder Frazier and I were with the kids doing magic ( a Mexico favorite) when she comes over asking for the pass a long cards! She had totally done our job! Which is super cool because the other week we had just talked about how to talk to your neighbors and invite them to listen to the gospel! Hermana Ulage has gotten us about five new investigators now... which is awesome for one member, imagine if every member in the church invited five new people to listen! What an impact that would be! I invite you all to do it! Invite five friends to church, or to listen to the missionaries.... challenge accepted.... I will be reporting about it next week!

I have learned a lot this week, what I am doing isn't a mission thing, or something temporary. Its a lifestyle! These are principles that I will live for a lifetime! The mission is a two year time period to practice for how you will live the rest of your life! I know that to be true, this is a lifestyle. I know that the Lord is molding me into the man he needs me to be! He is taking my weakest weaknesses and making them strengths.  He is perfecting my strengths as well. He is the one that has a plan for me, I just try to follow the plan! Life is good! I love this gospel, and the strength that comes to me by living it! I know it is true. I know that God is Divine! He has divine power, and to be endowed with that power from on high is a privilege! I am going to enjoy every moment of it! Work work work and.... more work! I don't know how the Lord does it... oh wait, it must be his divine power... that's how he does it! 

Elder Quinn

Elder Frazier goes home this week ;) sad day, love that kid! He will be at BYU in the fall... can he come up to Tate Lane??? He wants to see the house before I do :) and he wants to meet ya all!
 
Santana, Prieto, Howell, Chavez, Palomeque, Frazier, Quinn


Mexico City South Mission 2014

Hey Elder Sanabria ( the assistant who I lived with for about 7 months) knows Portwood!!! This is in Paraguay! SO INSANE"!!!
small world!