Wednesday, September 24, 2014

week 65




15 September, Mexico's Independence Day




15th of September! México's Independence day.
Just enjoying the show.... with a pizza!

The neighbor kids lighting off fireworks! They almost turned that shrub into the Burning Bush! They also sent a few fireworks into the windows of the neighbors! Crazy! hahaha it was so fun, we were just observing all from the roof, laughing so hard!

The next morning......the evidence of September 15th!

 ​Super clear day! We could see the famous Volcano, Popo. (on the far right smoking)
Volcáno Popocatépetl, whose name is the Aztec word for smoking mountain, towers to 17,802 ft above sea level and is @43 miles SE of Mexico City.
 It is North America's 2nd-highest volcano.


16 missionaries and us went up to Ajusco Saturday to jump start the work in the branch up there! (about 45 min away) It was a huge success!
 We visited less actives, new converts, and contacted a bunch!
Oh and the visitors center here in Tlalpan now has two sister missionaries working there everyday, and they are having a ton of success! Its pretty legit

THESE ARE ALL OF US UP IN AJUSCO! It was fun! 

Hey family!

Life is good! Its great to know that the Lord loves us. There is no better way to confirm that love, than by serving him... daily! I know the Lord loves me because he blesses me daily. I sometimes ask myself, ´´Why am I so blessed?´´ But I know it isn't me, or something I do... no no no... its the Lord! He amazes me everyday with obstacles, trials, miracles, and blessings! It is incredible. He MAKES us GROW. Spiritual growth produces Spiritual Blessings. I know that to be true.
 I loved reading the blog of Kendall Blake and her homecoming. She has learned so much, and now she is living what she learned! I know that is the biggest blessing of a mission. It's the spiritual growth that is acquired. I feel soo blessed to be helping others grow and progress in His pathway. It is amazing, we are teaching the new members the five lessons, and I love to ask them questions, make them reflect, and see them grow... spiritually in the Gospel. This life is not without trials and hardships, but through our testimony of Christ we will be able to overcome the trials and hardships. I have seen it in my own life, and I am seeing it in the life of others! 
 
The Church is true,
God loves you, 
and so do I!

Elder Quinn

No comments: